Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: For no reason, i want a lever gun

@gtmtnbiker98 I found this company while surfing IG. Chris Costa uses them for his lever gun work. If you’re looking for someone to work on yours down the road.

https://madpigcustoms.com/lever-action-gunsmithing
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    @gtmtnbiker98 I found this company while surfing IG. Chris Costa uses them for his lever gun work. If you’re looking for someone to work on yours down the road.

https://madpigcustoms.com/lever-action-gunsmithing
    Thanks dude, hope you are staying safe with this Corona shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Thanks dude, hope you are staying safe with this Corona shit.
    You’re welcome.

We are. One of these days we need to have a chat about the family that got kicked out of your town and ended up in ours. Talk about a PITA.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

You’re welcome.

We are. One of these days we need to have a chat about the family that got kicked out of your town and ended up in ours. Talk about a PITA.
    Wow, I was waiting for you to mention that. Lmao
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 11-24-2020 at 08:07 PM.

.30-30 isn’t legal for deer in OH. Think he wants that as an option. Stupid laws.
    Attachment 62210

Oh damn.! Find an old Marlin cowboy in 38-55!!!!!!! I had one years ago, what an accurate smoooooooth shooting rifle, plenty of power and easy on the shoulder. Straight walled for Ohio!

Back on topic:
    As others have stated, the 45-70 can start to get a bit irritating on extended range sessions.
    Pistol caliber carbines and rifles, well, I went with the 45 Colt in a Winchester Trapper, as a sister to my Smith Mountain Gun in the same caliber. Loaded with a good hard cast bullet, velocities do not have to be screamers to take down game.....800-1200 fps will make bambi dead on his feet. Hard cast makes "UUGE" wound channels. Hard cast in a 45-70 is win/win.

Good luck with your choice sir! Good looking lever!
    Last edited by CSW; 11-25-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Decided on a Henry X Series, .45-70. Now to find some suitable ammo to zero and ready for deer season.
    Nice choice!

I like the .45/70 cartridge a lot. It’s like a big handgun cartridge that deflates deer without tearing up much meat. If you don’t reload the old Government cartridge is a good place to start. Common handgun powders work for loads that can duplicate the original loading with low recoil. The powders that are used for 5.56 and .308 loads can be used for more modern (and energetic) loads. Brass is readily available and lasts for several loadings. Cast bullets are a great choice if sized properly.

User Tag List