Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternate training caliber

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Oddly the G41 MOS has been on my radar lately as a .45 alternative to my G34.5 MOS, considering they can share holsters. Of course, the grips will differ. It almost seems strange that the GEN5 .40s will no longer be able to use the same holsters as the 9mms, but there's a .45 that will.
    I have 41 and 34.5 with the large backstrap on the 34 the trigger reach is almost the same the grip is thicker on a 41 but not by a lot.
    I'm seriously thinking of getting my 41 cut for a dot and working up some powder puff loads. I have a fair supply of small primers and a quite a bit more large pistol primers.

Picked up Glock G20 gen4 today

Well I finally got to FFL dealer today and picked up the above referenced pistol. In an earlier post in this thread I explained that I went with the 10mm Glock for an additional caliber option. Given the ammo situation I guess more options are a good thing.

So I got the pistol home, cleaned and lubricated it. The trigger pull isn't quite as nice as my Gen5 17 but it is definitely at a good starting point to break-in. I like the grip texture, much more grippy than my Gen3 21. Standard plastic sights which I will replace at some point. Even though my Gen3 21 is an SF model, this G20 with no backstrap feels a bit less bulky in the hand. I like that.....a pleasant surprise. Hopefully I can get to the range within the next couple of weeks. Still doing the rehab thing from hip replacement.

User Tag List