Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Such A Rare Model, My LGS Surely Has A Bunch Of ‘Em

For Such A Rare Model, My LGS Surely Has A Bunch Of ‘Em

S&W Model 520, a fixed sight version of the Model 28, developed with an NYSP Contract in mind, though never adopted by NYSP:

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/s...+Wesson+520%22

When all of these have sold, the link, which is a search, will cease to function.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I should have grabbed one when they were $250.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

These did not arrive in one batch, from one collection, but accumulated, over time.

Edited to add: There will probably be a 15% to 20% Discount promotion, around Black Friday. In recent years, such promotions happen twice a year. I have no affiliation with this business, other than being a customer.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I swear that website has a tractor-beam lock on my CC. Every time I start browsing their site, I cringe at the prices but my wallet tries to crawl out of my pocket anyway.

Site Supporter
    Wow. I have a 6” 28 I paid a lot less than that for. Think I’ll hang on to it.

I get why they're so costly but it seems a shame they're so much money. I would put one to good hard use in proper leather.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I swear that website has a tractor-beam lock on my CC. Every time I start browsing their site, I cringe at the prices but my wallet tries to crawl out of my pocket anyway.
    Me too. Actually their prices are pretty consistent with what stuff is going for on GunBroker. And they pay for the shipping and don't charge a credit card fee. I'm a satisfied customer.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

The distributor I worked for in the late 70’s - early 80’s got a stack of those in. (We were a BIG S&W distributer)
    My 21 year old mind thought a fix sighted .357 N frame was quaint. They sold very quickly as the sales pitch was that they would become “Collectors Items”. Don’t take sales advice from a 21 year old...
    I do remember that they were quite attractive for a gun originally destined for government service.

The original S&W Model 520 was a run of 3000 guns made at the request of the NYSP in 1980.
    They (NYSP) never took delivery of them and they were sold off by S&W dealers.
    If you look at the vintage, limited numbers made, quality of the guns, etc., the listed prices at Collectors Firearms is not out of line. At least not in my experience with vintage S&W N-frame guns. Those same guns, in the same condition, will easily bring double(+) the current list prices in another 10-15 years.

The one listed at $1495 (no box) is a fair price for a very nice fixed sight N frame in what is likely unfired condition.
    The others with the original boxes are not out of line at $1695 either.

The only thing I miss about living in the Houston metro-mess is being able to visit Collectors Firearms.
    Last edited by tango-papa; 10-22-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Neat gun, historically and aesthetically, but from an operational standpoint it doesn't seem to do anything that a contemporary, still-in-production Ruger GP100 or .357 Redhawk does. Yeah, I know-there goes that JonInWA heretic again...

I'd take one over a Colt Lawman Mk V, though...(and I've actually previously owned a Lawman MK V).

Best, Jon

User Tag List