Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Mean Radius to Measure Groups

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you were willing to actually measure the position of each hole, it would be pretty easy to enter it in a spreadsheet and do the calcs. But that's a lot more measurements than the one it takes to do "group size."
    Yeah, that's great for people who don't consider Excel to be their ultimate enemy...but as someone who despises spreadsheets, I'm definitely not going to do that. And the time it takes to do that stuff by hand, the measuring and everything, that's just a chore. I admit not everyone has to process 50 targets at a time like I used to do, but for me if there isn't an automated setup it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Exurbankevin View Post
    The current version will work just dandy on a phone browser, BTW, but you will need a signal to reach our site, obviously. We tested it on multiple iPhone versions and a bunch of Android phones.

if you're still using a Treo, well, you're probably out of luck.
    I don't have a good answer for why I didn't understand this on my own...derp
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Excel = Spawn of Evil, so NFW on that.

I'll try the mobile version on my iPhone but I'd pay several PF dollars for a version that doesn't require connectivity.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm an engineer. Excel is one of the four programs I bring up every time I start my computer.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I use it extensively at work for engineering purposes also. I hope it one day gets erased from the face of the earth.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

This is very nice to have, thank you!

Shot yesterday, from 25 yards.

Done on Android.

Name:  Screenshot_20201022-210536_Firefox.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.9 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

After a bit of use, I thought I'd pass along a tip. I found it helpful to mark targets so that the scale can be easily set. On the below target, I placed ticks (circled in green) 6 inches apart, corresponding to the 8 ring. These can be more easily lined up than estimating the 5.54" of the 9 ring.

Name:  20201026_103352.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  26.4 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    After a bit of use, I thought I'd pass along a tip. I found it helpful to mark targets so that the scale can be easily set. On the below target, I placed ticks (circled in green) 6 inches apart, corresponding to the 8 ring. These can be more easily lined up than estimating the 5.54" of the 9 ring.

Name:  20201026_103352.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  26.4 KB
    If I was using the system for anything that mattered, I'd have to be very careful about lens distortion using marks in that location.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If I was using the system for anything that mattered, I'd have to be very careful about lens distortion using marks in that location.
    Fair enough. I did a quick check with what I'm using, and for my purposes, it will do. The black on a B8 is 5.54". I did my best to place the shot indicators on the lines at 3 and 9 o'clock (Not the easiest). Came up with a 5.52" group. I'm good with that for the evaluation of recreational pistol shooting.

Name:  Screenshot_20201028-121401_Firefox.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  21.5 KB

User Tag List