Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Mossberg SGA vs Remington SGA for the 1301

Magpul Mossberg SGA vs Remington SGA for the 1301

Has anyone had the opportunity to do a side-by-side comparison of these? It would appear that many seemed to have elected to go with the Mossberg, however is that because the Aridus adapter only works with the Mossberg or is it a design/angle difference between the two?

Based strictly on online pictures, it looks like the Remington stock has a little more reach between the trigger and the pistol grip. I ended up getting the Mossberg setup. I emailed GGG about the differences, but got no response. You could try calling them though. I’ve always gotten someone on the phone when I call.

The top is Mossberg, the bottom is Remington… I drew arrows pointing to the reach differences…
    Name:  0E454AE3-DB9D-4193-A089-9E62DFA474FF.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  35.0 KB
    Last edited by Pnut; 03-29-2022 at 07:47 PM.

I do see what you're referring to, but I would think the reach to the trigger could be adjusted simply by hand positioning? I wondered if there was a LOP advantage of one over the other. Also wondered if the more pistol like angle on the Moss was something that was found to have any benefit or deficit. Of course, I suppose that could be just an individual preference, but that was why I hope someone had some experience with both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Based strictly on online pictures, it looks like the Remington stock has a little more reach between the trigger and the pistol grip. I ended up getting the Mossberg setup. I emailed GGG about the differences, but got no response. You could try calling them though. I’ve always gotten someone on the phone when I call.

The top is Mossberg, the bottom is Remington… I drew arrows pointing to the reach differences…
    Name:  0E454AE3-DB9D-4193-A089-9E62DFA474FF.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  35.0 KB
    It looks like they made the Remington adaptor shorter to (somewhat) accommodate for the longer wrist of the Rem. SGA stock.

I bought the Mossberg GG&G adaptor and SGA stock merely because that's the ones my LGS had in-stock on the shelf...if they'd had the Remington parts instead, I'd have those mounted right now.

I bought the Mossberg GG&G adaptor and SGA stock merely because that's the ones my LGS had in-stock on the shelf...if they'd had the Remington parts instead, I'd have those mounted right now. [/QUOTE]

Interesting, but may I ask why you would have chosen the Remington had they been available at the time?

Site Supporter
    Interesting, but may I ask why you would have chosen the Remington had they been available at the time?
    I had been holding off ordering an adaptor (either Aridus or GG&G) and SGA stock because I didn't have an issue with the oem stock and didn't want to get off my wallet to replace it. My purchase was merely an impulse buy...I was surprised to see a local shop with a 1301 stock adaptor on the shelf. When I saw they also had the stock, I was sold.

If it had been the Remington parts instead of the Mossberg parts, I would have still bought them. I'm not saying I would have specifically bought the Remington versions over the Mossberg parts. If they'd had both in-stock, I'd probably just flipped a coin or closed my eyes, spun around twice, and pointed at one. I don't think there's any functional difference between the two.

Kind of off topic, but looking at the picture made me realize something… I was reading somewhere about why the GGG/Mossberg adapter was thicker than the Aridus adapter. It was mentioned that it needed to be thicker to allow for the GGG bolt buffer.

The GGG/Remington adapter is noticeably thinner. I guess it’s thinner because the longer reach of the Remington SGA stock gives room for the buffer?!?!

Kind of off topic, but looking at the picture made me realize something… I was reading somewhere about why the GGG/Mossberg adapter was thicker than the Aridus adapter. It was mentioned that it needed to be thicker to allow for the GGG bolt buffer.

The GGG/Remington adapter is noticeably thinner. I guess it’s thinner because the longer reach of the Remington SGA stock gives room for the buffer?!?!
    Perhaps we read the same thing about the adapter. The one I read was actually a response that GG&G was making on another forum about their adapters. The one thing they had said was the reason the Rem adapter was thinner was because of the angle of the stock coming off the receiver wasn't as great. I'm curious if they both have the same LOP (without any spacers)?

Based on the Magpul website, both stocks have the same LOP adjustment range, 12.3”-14.3”. So with the Remington spacer, you’d be saving what looks like about 1/4”

Based on the Magpul website, both stocks have the same LOP adjustment range, 12.3”-14.3”. So with the Remington spacer, you’d be saving what looks like about 1/4”
    I was watching a Lucky Gunner video on the 1301, an interesting bit of info was when it was mentioned that the conversion to the Mossberg stock reduced the LOP by 5/8 ". Can't help but wonder if one were to use the GG&G Mossberg adapter which appears to be noticeably thicker if there would be any reduction in LOP or be rt back to stock measurements? My math would suggest maybe 1/8" less than stock?
    I was trying to see if Aridus had their adapter currently in stock unfortunately they don't offer a phone number nor seem to respond to emails. I was starting to lean towards the Aridus despite the absence of the recoil buffer offered by GG&G simply because it looks like it belongs, not so much with GG&G. Perhaps it's comes down to personal likes. Availability may the determining factor.
    I would appreciate it if anyone out there knows how to confirm availability from Ardus.

User Tag List