Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steyr SSG 69

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Damn it, now I HAVE to stop on the way home and see if they still have it!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Damn it, now I HAVE to stop on the way home and see if they still have it!
    I did and they do but based on the importer info on the barrel I think it’s an older import, not one of the newer CDNN imports.

Double set triggers, the front sight has been removed and the hole filled, threaded muzzle with radial muzzle break installed, Weaver 2 piece scope mount installed. Does $900+tax sound high since it’s been modded?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Now you just need a nickel model 29, a sawed-off Auto-5, a Dodge Ramcharger, and a lot of beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Update- still no rifle. USPS tracking just says in transit, may be late. It’s only going 300 miles. Annoyed. Worried. Still trying to decide on a scope

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Update- still no rifle. USPS tracking just says in transit, may be late. It’s only going 300 miles. Annoyed. Worried. Still trying to decide on a scope
    If going Registered Mail, the long shipping time is about right as it is handled manually and with a lot more checks than any other mail type. I once had a watch shipped Registered Mail that took more than a week to go 220 miles. The large package size for a rifle also slows down delivery as most postal machinery cannot handle it. So there is much more manual handling even without Registered Mail.

That being said, my local FFL will now only ship via FedEx due to some issues with USPS shipments while my Texas FFL friend only uses USPS.

Hopefully the rifle will get there safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If going Registered Mail, the long shipping time is about right as it is handled manually and with a lot more checks than any other mail type. I once had a watch shipped Registered Mail that took more than a week to go 220 miles. The large package size for a rifle also slows down delivery as most postal machinery cannot handle it. So there is much more manual handling even without Registered Mail.

That being said, my local FFL will now only ship via FedEx due to some issues with USPS shipments while my Texas FFL friend only uses USPS.

Hopefully the rifle will get there safe and sound.
    A friend just had a C&R long gun turn up almost a month after going AWOL in USPS. Eventually re-discovered in the system after going cross country--in the wrong direction.

From today's WaPo:

Package with 1979 postmark delivered to Md. suburb: ‘It only took the post office 41 years’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...aurel-leather/

Hopefully OP's rifle arrives soon!

Site Supporter
    Tracking says it showed up at the FFL yesterday. I stopped by and was told they received 60 guns yesterday so come back in a few days. I can’t wait

Site Supporter
    I finally picked up the SSG. It looks great and the trigger is great. The set trigger is unbelievable. Name:  7AEB5B9F-D754-4F31-8046-6A9B889746AE.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  72.4 KB

You need to double check the ring mounts. The original guns came with an oddball 26mm rings vs the standard 1" mounts (25.4mm) that were common at the time.

Still a great gun.

User Tag List