Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HELLCAT returned: Warranty issue still unclear. to me

I've read a lot of "good customer service" reports and the warranty clerk hardly ever provides details as to what was wrong and what was done to correct it. Lots of vague and wooly "adjusting" and "polishing" going on, maybe replacement of a cheap part like an extractor.

Back when I was shooting Trap regularly, I sent a well used Browning Broadway in to have the action tightened up. When it came back, the ticket did say what was done and I was amazed at what they did and how little it was for the price charged.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Small subcompacts do not enjoyable range toys make.
    The gun I've owned longest is a Kahr PM9 -- it is really fun to shoot at the range. So is the Kahr 380 for that matter.

Hellcat Warranty update:

Welp,.. The Hellcat misfeed/misfire issue appears to be fixed. I Ran roughly 150 fmj rounds thru it today at the range without any stoppages or misfires! Several different ammunition types as well,.. Blazer 115gr FMJ, Federal 124gr FMJ, and a 13 round mag of Federal 147 HP. Not a single misfeed!

That said,... I've decided to sell the weapon! Shooting it side by side with the Glock 19 today,..? I definitely prefer shooting the Glock!

The gun shop where I purchased my Glock does do consignment sales. 80/20 if I want cash,.. 90/10 if I go for something in the shop! (...who knows, Maybe I'll get me an AR if it sells!) lol I've got about $800 into the thing at this point not including spent ammo. $580 for the pistol, a second 13 round mag, and a Veridian Laser sight! (...Im told Veridian is a Quality laser. I can't recall and I haven't checked yet, but I assume they're Pistol specific? Meaning it probably won't fit the G19?)

Anyway,... not sure what I can reasonably hope to get back on what I've spent on the Hellcat so far,... But I just wanted to let you guys know where this all landed.

And Thanks again to EVERYONE for the information & advice! I appreciate all of it. The patient AND the somewhat "Snarky!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    a Veridian Laser sight! (...Im told Veridian is a Quality laser. I can't recall and I haven't checked yet, but I assume they're Pistol specific? Meaning it probably won't fit the G19?)
    It's been quite some time since I looked at those, but IIRC they're a standard rail attachment, meaning it *should* fit the G19.

Welp,.. The Hellcat misfeed/misfire issue appears to be fixed. I Ran roughly 150 fmj rounds thru it today at the range without any stoppages or misfires! Several different ammunition types as well,.. Blazer 115gr FMJ, Federal 124gr FMJ, and a 13 round mag of Federal 147 HP. Not a single misfeed!

That said,... I've decided to sell the weapon! Shooting it side by side with the Glock 19 today,..? I definitely prefer shooting the Glock!

The gun shop where I purchased my Glock does do consignment sales. 80/20 if I want cash,.. 90/10 if I go for something in the shop! (...who knows, Maybe I'll get me an AR if it sells!) lol I've got about $800 into the thing at this point not including spent ammo. $580 for the pistol, a second 13 round mag, and a Veridian Laser sight! (...Im told Veridian is a Quality laser. I can't recall and I haven't checked yet, but I assume they're Pistol specific? Meaning it probably won't fit the G19?)

Anyway,... not sure what I can reasonably hope to get back on what I've spent on the Hellcat so far,... But I just wanted to let you guys know where this all landed.

And Thanks again to EVERYONE for the information & advice! I appreciate all of it. The patient AND the somewhat "Snarky!!"
    I would sell the extra magazine separately to maximize recovery, and the laser too if you don’t keep it. Don’t sell it with anything extra, you’ll lose money. And I’d take the 90/10 deal applied to either a second 19 or possibly a 26.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would sell the extra magazine separately to maximize recovery, and the laser too if you don’t keep it. Don’t sell it with anything extra, you’ll lose money. And I’d take the 90/10 deal applied to either a second 19 or possibly a 26.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    It's been quite some time since I looked at those, but IIRC they're a standard rail attachment, meaning it *should* fit the G19.
    I couldn't get that lucky,.. . I checked,.. This one is designed specifically to fit the Hellcat.
    While they apparently make generic Rail attached lasers,.. these E series ones are Manufacturer specific!!

-edit-
    (...the good news is I haven't opened it or broken the pkg seal so it can sell as new!)
    Last edited by Chomps; 10-24-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Three shooters with four Hellcats in the thread. Perhaps more people have them than first speculated.

I'm glad it appears to be fixed. 150 isn't enough to call it good, though. I'd call it a good showing, but not good. Even with a well proven model, each copy and its mags has the potential to fall into fuckeduppetry.

If you dig it then keep it, keep shooting it, and if it functions flawlessly, the carry it.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I couldn't get that lucky,.. . I checked,.. This one is designed specifically to fit the Hellcat.
    While they apparently make generic Rail attached lasers,.. these E series ones are Manufacturer specific!!
    Ah, that's too bad. Like I said, it's been quite a while since I looked at Viridian's line. Early on in my "gun journey," I thought a WML + laser was something I was "supposed" to have on a pistol, but later I came to the conclusion that it wasn't really necessary for my personal use case, and as such, I haven't really paid attention to them in a long time.

the weapon
    No offense (HA HA) but generally referring to guns as weapons makes me cringe. I hate being a terminology bitch, but you wouldn't refer to a hammer, or a chef's knife as a weapon, right? Same deal with guns. The term "weapon" is use-specific, and carries a certain connotation. I don't even refer to my carry guns as weapons--they're just guns I carry. Even the ones that are really only useful as defensive tools.

It never used to bother me until I had a co-worker who figured out I was a Gun Person--literally caught him leering into the backseat of my car where a couple spare targets were peeking out of a pocket. After that, every time I saw the dude, he was asking me if I got out to "use my weapons" or some shit. He was a real hippie jerk, but I still can't tell if he thought he was being cute or funny; he was that kind of an asshole. Then one day he asked me if I "had any plans for my weapons" in the upcoming weekend in front of a bunch of people--who already knew I was a Gun Person. I asked him if he maybe planned on showering this weekend (if you got into a vehicle he'd driven, his stench would still be nauseating hours later). I think it was the only time I've ever been openly hostile with a co-worker. Anyways, he sort've sputtered, and then one old guy--very cool dude that had been in SAC and generally wore a "To err is human...to forgive is not SAC policy" hat--pointed out that it was disgusting that he had been wearing the same Grateful Dead t-shirt every day for the past three days. He stormed off, bitched to management, and was told that if I had been mean to him, then the problem was with him, that he should watch his mouth, and also consider showering and putting on a clean shirt before the next day. He didn't last long after that, was not missed, and I consider it a small miracle that he never killed anyone.

Anyways, words mean things. Many people will not care. Some people will hear "weapon" and make an assumption about you, whether it's that you're a newbro, a tactard, a .mil-wannabe, or whathaveyou. Personally, I don't find it reflects on you as an individual, it just gives me a little brain itch. Friendly heads-up and all that.

--

I'd take the 90-10 split just to get it out of your hair with as little fuss as possible. Of course, this is contingent on the store's pricing not being a complete rip-off. I would also be in agreement, in writing if possible, as to what the list price and hard minimum for your gun will be--and be sure you'd be comfortable with getting just that minimum. Remember that at 90/10, chopping $50 off your price only costs the shop $5, and if you're taking that in store credit, that $5 is cut again by whatever the profit margin on the gun you're buying is. There's not a lot of motivation to get you the absolute top dollar, the upside to you being that it's better than selling it back to them and nearly as convenient.

In any case, for the price of the Viridian laser, you've now learned not to buy accessories for a gun until after you've shot the living daylights out of it. It's a good rule, one that I will occasionally break myself, but only really in certain cases, like buying a nice scope for a planned rifle.
    Last edited by Wise_A; 10-25-2020 at 06:57 AM. Reason: I added some stuff to make my post useful to the guy instead of just bitching at him

User Tag List