Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HELLCAT returned: Warranty issue still unclear. to me

@Redhat. Nope. Just got it back last night. I plan to this weekend.

I know the advice has been to get rid of it,… But I do like the way the gun feels in my hand! it fits my hand better in a lot of ways more than the Glock does,… but Of course NONE of that matters if the fucking thing won't fire reliably!

So Im willing to run a few rounds of fmj thru it this weekend to see if its fixed.

...If for no other reason than I won't be lying to whoever I eventually sell it to! 😂👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    @Redhat. Nope. Just got it back last night. I plan to this weekend.

I know the advice has been to get rid of it,… But I do like the way the gun feels in my hand! it fits my hand better in a lot of ways more than the Glock does,… but Of course NONE of that matters if the fucking thing won't fire reliably!

So Im willing to run a few rounds of fmj thru it this weekend to see if its fixed.

...If for no other reason than I won't be lying to whoever I eventually sell it to! 😂👍🏻
    Who knows. Maybe that fixed it. Be positive until you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    @RedhatI know the advice has been to get rid of it,… But I do like the way the gun feels in my hand! it fits my hand better in a lot of ways more than the Glock does...
    This is one of the hardest things to explain--it would be great if we had a forum sticky to a thread on this: the way a gun feels in the hand is poor indication of how well someone can shoot it. Manufacturers know that purchases are often made in a store based on "how the gun feels in my hand", so they make grips that feel good--with curved, hand friendly grips. These ergonomically pleasing grip shapes often have an ambiguous way to hold them, leading to difficulties in developing a consistent index. A square-sided Glock doesn't feel good, but it only has one right way to grip it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

As others have mentioned, they might say "polish" because maybe they don't say ream. And I would think the chamber is probably reamed, I cannot imagine that operation being done by some type of circular CNC motion that could/would be able to be compensated for tool wear, but I have never really been involved in firearm manufacturing. Maybe if they said they reamed the chamber it would be a backhanded admission it was wonky when it left the factory, so they fudge the terminology a little. I also remember Joe Chambers (I think...) in one of the Two World Wars! podcasts mentioning that finish reaming a nice barrels needs to be done frequently, especially ones that gets stamped on the top with a caliber. The marks look like they could be from a sharpie, maybe to help see if the reamer removed any material.

But no matter what, I would not consider it for carry use for a while, if at all. Don't just rush 100 rounds through it call it good. But it might be fixed and they just bullshitted on what it took to fix it, so it is reasonable to wonder how a little buffing could make much difference. But if a chamber is too small that can explain why it didn't work.

Chomps, I know it’s very discouraging to have to send a new gun back because of functional problems. Ammo prices won’t stay at current levels forever, and I’d certainly give the Hellcat another chance. The most expensive guns have occasional problems. I’m thankful that my Hellcat has been 100% with all ammo tried.
    Heck man, with current ammo prices, my shooting has just about come to a screeching halt!
    Good luck,
    Skip

I agree. I have two Hellcats with zero problems.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This is one of the hardest things to explain--it would be great if we had a forum sticky to a thread on this: the way a gun feels in the hand is poor indication of how well someone can shoot it. Manufacturers know that purchases are often made in a store based on "how the gun feels in my hand", so they make grips that feel good--with curved, hand friendly grips. These ergonomically pleasing grip shapes often have an ambiguous way to hold them, leading to difficulties in developing a consistent index. A square-sided Glock doesn't feel good, but it only has one right way to grip it.
    https://pistol-training.com/archives/5108

[QUOTEFeelings
    6-Aug-11 – 11:51 by ToddG
    In this week’s Glock update, I mentioned that an accessory I added to the pistol — a modified Grip Force Adapter — did not feel as good as the bare Glock in my hands. Nonetheless, results on paper and on the shot timer don’t lie and my performance is better with the GFA on the gun. Feelings lie.

Recently, I received the latest prototype aiwb holster from John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather. John follows the Alessi approach to holster making, meaning that when they’re new they are tighter than the airlock on submarine. Even after letting the holster stretch overnight with a pistol inserted, the first time I brought it to the range it was clearly doing its best not to give up the pistol. My draws felt ridiculously slow compared to the CCC Shaggy I use as my everyday holster. So finally I put it on the shot timer and it was slower: on average, 0.06 seconds slower. Six. Hundredths. Of a second. If you’d asked me, I would have told you it felt like half a second or more. Feelings lie.

The reason we use technology to measure is because human beings simply aren’t good enough at eyeballing, estimating, and judging things on such small scales. That’s even more true when you’re trying to evaluate your own performance… because your brain is focused on the performance, not the evaluation.

Whenever I read something like, “I haven’t got a timer or anything, but this is definitely faster,” my skepticism meter pegs at 11. Unless you’re talking about a task that could be adequately measured by sundial, your subjective assessment from inside your own head just isn’t going to cut it.

Next time you go to a match or a qualification shoot, tell the scorekeeper, “Don’t bother looking at the target. They all felt like good hits,” and see where that gets you.

Train hard & stay safe! ToddG][/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Btp2332 View Post
    I agree. I have two Hellcats with zero problems.
    Round counts?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I can accept some crankiness in a purely range toy, but not in defensive weapon.
    Not even in a range toy. I want to enjoy the toy -- and clearing stoppages is NOT enjoyable. YMMV.

Small subcompacts do not enjoyable range toys make.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List