Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HELLCAT returned: Warranty issue still unclear. to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Then it's time to move the Hellcat down the road while he can get top dollar.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Friendly advice.....

Yours is probably the only hellcat thread on this entire form.....

Cut your losses on testing with hard to get ammo and buy a reputable firearm.....

you'll spend more money on testing and sending it back and forth than you will on trading it in or selling it and buying something else.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Then it's time to move the Hellcat down the road while he can get top dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Yep!
    Ok,... I'm beginning to get the sneaking suspicion you guys don't feel the Hellcat is a quality firearm?? LoL!

Just out of curiosity,.. where, and to Whom would you suggest I try to sell it? 🤷*♂️..I didn't initially intend own two firearms,… But since I had to go purchase a second one anyways for my CPL cert. I thought the hellcat,.. (assuming of course it was returned 100% fixed & functional,) would make a good back up! :shrug:

Do your finances require you to sell the Hellcat? If not, run a couple mags through it and throw it in your sock drawer until the time is right to sell it at a gun show. You won't get much out of it trading it in at a gun shop.

Do you have any gunshops in your area that do consignments? Especially ones that are low on inventory?

You won't get as much as if you shopped it around, but it may be worth it to not have to go through the time and hassle of trying to shop it around.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    ...So if someone can correct me if Im mistaken in my understanding of the issue as it stands right now,..

If the PRE polished barrel was too rough,.. it may have been impeding the chambering of the next round? Slowing down or effecting the cycling of yhe slide? Sort of like when the range guy explained about being careful not to "Ride the slide" with ones grip? (...I dont ride the slide btw!)

And so Springfield is saying that by polishing and smoothing out an apparently too rough chamber, this should fix the problem of misfeeding and not returning to battery by allowing the round to chamber without anything slowing the cycling or impeding the slide?

Do I understand that correctly?
    That’s my theory. I’m not sure I would trust a gun that is that picky, though - another reason I tend to avoid 1911s, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s my theory. I’m not sure I would trust a gun that is that picky, though - another reason I tend to avoid 1911s, too.
    Yes. If stars need to be aligned for the gun to work, I’ll pass.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Ok,... I'm beginning to get the sneaking suspicion you guys don't feel the Hellcat is a quality firearm?? LoL!

Just out of curiosity,.. where, and to Whom would you suggest I try to sell it? 🤷*♂️..I didn't initially intend own two firearms,… But since I had to go purchase a second one anyways for my CPL cert. I thought the hellcat,.. (assuming of course it was returned 100% fixed & functional,) would make a good back up! :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Do you have any gunshops in your area that do consignments? Especially ones that are low on inventory?

You won't get as much as if you shopped it around, but it may be worth it to not have to go through the time and hassle of trying to shop it around.
    Consign it somewhere. Buy a good holster for your Glock, an extra mag or two, or some ammo with what you get for it. Someday down the road, buy another Glock.

P07

Cause Glock isn't the only answer.

Ok,... I'm beginning to get the sneaking suspicion you guys don't feel the Hellcat is a quality firearm?? LoL!:
    When @BehindBlueI's posted that his department put out a memo immediately removing them from use, I took that as a sign.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the chamber is out of spec due to worn tooling and could use a finish reamer.

As a comparison, this is from my Dan Wesson that had extraction issues in the first few hundred rounds (they did extra work to make up for the issue happening to begin with, and at my request a standard profile slide stop). The smith working on it called me and explained the why leading up to these modifications.

-------------------

Good morning,

Work on Valor commander xxxx has been completed as follows:

1. New low-profile slide stop installed (50.00)
    2. Chamber was reamed and honed
    3. Feed ramp was deburred/polished
    4. Extractor was replaced
    5. #2 barrel link was installed
    6. Thumb safety was dehorned and re-finished
    7. Magazine catch was clearance cut
    8. Fire-control polished
    9. Grip safety deburred
    10. Trigger tuned to 1 ¾# X 3 ½#
    11. Trigger over-travel screw adjusted

Functions checks and Test fire was done using S&B 115g. and Magtech 115g. “ball”
    No malfunctions were experienced during 100 round live fire.

Total comes to 50.00 even for the slide stop

User Tag List