Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Safariland, 7378, ALS G19

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I would swap the paddle for the belt loop as mentioned for a bit less protrusion. Concealed means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the naked eye at 1 meter by a trained observer the vast majority of the time. if one needs that level of concealment-you are in riveted OWB Kydex or IWB territory IMHO.
    I don't need a really high level of concealment with this holster. It will be a fall/winter rig so I will have a cover garment over it, a jacket, coat or vest most of the time. In this instance, comfort is a high priority. I don't want the pistol or holster digging into my ribs and etc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Thank you for your generous offer as well. However like I said in the post above ^^ I no longer own a 1911
    I’ve personally helped treat a couple self-inflicted gunshot wound directly resulting from use of striker fired guns with Serpa holsters. The offer was less for yourself and more to see that thing destroyed so it doesn’t bite whoever might wind up with it after you. Like destroying a cursed object in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve personally helped treat a couple self-inflicted gunshot wound directly resulting from use of striker fired guns with Serpa holsters. The offer was less for yourself and more to see that thing destroyed so it doesn’t bite whoever might wind up with it after you. Like destroying a cursed object in a fire.
    Thats why I am replacing it. Maybe a video of shooting it with a 12 guage would be better .....

Site Supporter
    Thats why I am replacing it. Maybe a video of shooting it with a 12 guage would be better .....
    That will work.

Done! Found one on sale at Optics Planet. Had to buy a few ammo boxes to make the $49.00 minimum for free shipping.

Name:  optic.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  33.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Done! Found one on sale at Optics Planet. Had to buy a few ammo boxes to make the $49.00 minimum for free shipping.

Name:  optic.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  33.2 KB
    Good stuff!

Don't feel too bad. I carried a SERPA on duty for a while.

Good work!

Note that OpticsPlanet sometimes takes orders on items they don’t have in stock, leading to long delays. If they give you any trouble, it appears Amazon has it in stock now.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Co...dp/B00G9UR7BU/

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Good work!

Note that OpticsPlanet sometimes takes orders on items they don’t have in stock, leading to long delays. If they give you any trouble, it appears Amazon has it in stock now.

https://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Co...dp/B00G9UR7BU/
    They say it is in stock so I should be good to go.

You will certainly be GTG with the 7378. When I worked a plainclothes detail, I used it with our issue G23 (and later issue G45) mainly with the belt loops. It just felt more secure and comfortable. But it’s very much GTG with the paddle attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    You will certainly be GTG with the 7378. When I worked a plainclothes detail, I used it with our issue G23 (and later issue G45) mainly with the belt loops. It just felt more secure and comfortable. But it’s very much GTG with the paddle attachment.
    Thanks for the input. I'll probably try it both ways.

User Tag List