Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safariland, 7378, ALS G19

Safariland, 7378, ALS G19

Anybody using the Safariland, 7378, ALS Paddle holster? I'm thinking about getting one to replace my Serpa.

Do they ride fairly close to the body for that type of holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Anybody using the Safariland, 7378, ALS Paddle holster? I'm thinking about getting one to replace my Serpa.

I’m not a paddle holster fan but the ALS is a quality holster that is much safer, and of higher quality, than the SERPA.

The Safariland GLS rides fairly close as well and anything Safariland is way better than a Serpa.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m not a paddle holster fan but the ALS is a quality holster that is much safer, and of higher quality, than the SERPA.
    You can take off the paddle and put on a belt loop too

Site Supporter
    Run and get that done. Dump the Serpa yesterday. Any GLS/ALS with any paddle/belt loop is better in every way.

I will sell you a set of Tapered VCD 1911 Grips in BLK, BRN or OD Green at 50% off, shipped CONUS (22.50 total) if you post a receipt for any ALS/GLS to replace your Serpa in the next 24 hours.

I would swap the paddle for the belt loop as mentioned for a bit less protrusion. Concealed means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the naked eye at 1 meter by a trained observer the vast majority of the time. if one needs that level of concealment-you are in riveted OWB Kydex or IWB territory IMHO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Run and get that done. Dump the Serpa yesterday. Any GLS/ALS with any paddle/belt loop is better in every way.

I will sell you a set of Tapered VCD 1911 Grips in BLK, BRN or OD Green at 50% off, shipped CONUS (22.50 total) if you post a receipt for any ALS/GLS to replace your Serpa in the next 24 hours.

I would swap the paddle for the belt loop as mentioned for a bit less protrusion. Concealed means concealed, it does not mean invisible to the naked eye at 1 meter by a trained observer the vast majority of the time. if one needs that level of concealment-you are in riveted OWB Kydex or IWB territory IMHO.
    I’ll pay the other 50% if the OP posts a video smashing the SERPA with a hammer so no one else winds up using that crap.

Site Supporter

I’ll pay the other 50% if the OP posts a video smashing the SERPA with a hammer so no one else winds up using that crap.

There is a “pancake” style version of the GLS (model 537?) for the G19 which wil ride closer to the body that the regular ALS/GLS or the Serpa.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post

Yes, the 7378 (comes with both attachments) rides fairly close... FOR THAT TYPE OF HOLSTER. It won't ride as close as the Raven Perun but for a holster with anything but friction for retention, it's a great holster.

And yes, dump the Serpa.

Thanks for your most generous offer but I no longer own a 1911. Yes the Serpa must go.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

There is a “pancake” style version of the GLS (model 537?) for the G19 which wil ride closer to the body that the regular ALS/GLS or the Serpa.
    Thank you for your generous offer as well. However like I said in the post above ^^ I no longer own a 1911

User Tag List