Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Your VOTE! 2020 Experience

NYC. Had some time this afternoon, figured the rain would be discouraging other folks and I would avoid the around the block lines I saw earlier in the week. Line was about half a long city block. They had decals on the sidewalk for social distancing, lots of poll workers keeping the line moving and people spaced out, as well as assisting folks with walkers/wheelchairs.

Came to the lady inside, gave her my district, passed the riddle of my birthdate and street address and signed the iPad. She was briefly startled when I said with a heavy accent, "Is good for Russian spy, yes?", and then said, "just kidding". They were disinfecting the little booths/stands in between every voter. Everyone masked properly.

Total time about 30 minutes start to finish. I normally go Election Day at the crack of dawn and am the only person under 60 or so around. I was surprised how many older folks were there, as well as families/households on a rainy afternoon.

Voted Saturday @ Bay County super voting center. No waiting line, lots of Poll workers, seemed very organized with hand sanitizer station at the entrance (hopefully no hanging chad as this is my first time voting in Florida).

Wife and I voted Thursday. Took about an hour, in our deeply red, rural part of Ohio. I chatted up a poll worker and she claimed to have about 400 people per day come through since October 6th. With allowed days, that would equal about 10,000 early voters, in a county with 44k people..
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Site Supporter
    Voted on Friday, last day for early voting, a little before noon. Three people in line ahead of me when i got there. Stopped at the first station and got the run down and a finger guard. Went to the next where they scanned my license and handed me a ballot. On to a voting machine with no wait as they were at least half empty. Fed the ballot in, made my selections and then printed the ballot. Last step was to feed the ballot into a machine to be counted. Maybe fifteen minutes in total, probably the fastest I've ever voted. Everyone was masked up and social distancing.

Voted on Friday. Minimal wait. Only problem I had was the furnished sharpie's tip was too big to allow me to write in the person's name I wanted to write-in for both District Judge and District Attorney. I gave it a shot, though.

Site Supporter
    I was in line at 06:30 this morning. Polls opened at 07:00 and I done in 25 minutes. Everything was well organized and everybody waiting in line was chill, thats to say I didn’t notice any tension in a diverse crowd.

Also, after driving pass several polling stations this morning turn out is yuuge. They’re probably the largest crowds I’ve seen in the ten years I’ve lived in this part of the state.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

In and out in 10 minutes. I think I hit it at the perfect time though because the parking lot was a lot more full when I was leaving.

Small-town NH. Got there before opening, short wait in line, in and out quickly. No issues or disturbances.

We rolled up to our polling place about twenty minutes after six, when it opened, and stood in line for just over an hour. The line was a little shorter when we left, but still I'd estimate about a 45 minute wait.

Site Supporter
    In and out in 10 min voting early a few weeks ago in late afternoon.

Polling site at Election Board was highly organized. Lots of staff, all masked and face shielded. Lots of hand sanitizer and wiping down of all machines. I used a machine with a touch screen. Made touches with sanitized stylus. Machine generated paper ballot. Paper ballot inserted into a machine on the way out that looked like a combination scanner/lock box.

Co-worker at work did same thing this past sat (10/31 mid am) He waited about an hour total. Less time that he waited at his traditional polling station in 2016.

User Tag List