Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Your VOTE! 2020 Experience

Dropped my absentee ballot off at an official drop box 2 weeks ago. It took a week for the county to acknowledge receipt and another couple days for them to accept it (in California you can track your ballot's progress).

I have had them reject my ballot in the past due to my signature not matching the one they had one file (it has become a bit of an unintelligible scribble over the years) so I made sure to go slower and clearly delineate each letter.

My mother mailed her ballot the day after I dropped mine off in person and hers was accepted & counted within 3 days so they were clearly focusing more on processing mailed ballots than dropped off ones.

15 min total tops at a local library. Id rather do this than stand in line for extended periods as has been the case in the past.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Signed, sealed, and delivered.

Hammertime
    Voted by mail like we always do. No drama.

Site Supporter
    Oregon is (and has been for 20+ years) entirely vote-by-mail. Ballots can be either mailed (with prepaid postage) or left at any number of drop-off locations.

We moved recently, and updated our address with the registrar of voters. Our ballots showed up on schedule, and with the appropriate local ballot measures for our new city/county. I haven't filled it out yet, but it is on the to-do list.

In my experience, vote by mail is a pretty easy process here... but they've had plenty of time to refine the system. I don't know that it will be a painless process in the states that were scrambling to provide mail-in voting due to the pandemic.

My county usually has one downtown location for “early voting” starting a couple weeks out from the election. With COVID19 and all the stupidity afoot they increased that to eight locations spread across the county.

I quit bow hunting this morning at 11:00AM, did some work around the house, drove a half mile to the nearest locale, walked in at 1:30PM and was the only person there. The Poll worker said they were crowded first thing since today was the first day for early voting. Produced ID, signed for my card, stuck it in a voting machine, made my selections, handed the card to the poll workers who put it in their tabulator. I was thanked for playing and left.

I was done less than a half hour after leaving my home, I got an “I Voted” sticker and the pen I signed with cause they didn’t want to go thru the decontamination hassles.

Site Supporter
    I was driving to the range yesterday and realized I was about to pass by the early voting location here in town, so I quickly pulled into a parking space right out front, donned my mask, went in, voted, and went on my way (range ended up being closed for "reasons"). The entire diversion from my trip cost me about 5 minutes.

Chris

Caught the right moment to get in and vote.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

We filled out our ballots at the table, then put them in the mail box. Later, the mailman took them away.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List