Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Production/CO Nationals 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Looks like Jacob Hetherington (AMU) won Production and Max Michel won CO!
    Congrats to @Gio for a top-10 finish (#10). Most excellent!
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/120572?q_division=0

Name
    1-Hetherington, Jacob (Tanfo) 100%
    2-Lane, Mason (Sig) 99
    3-Luna, Sal (CZ or Tanfo?) 96%
    4-Racaza, Simon joseph (Beretta 92XPerf) 95%
    5-Jonasson, Nils (Glock) 95%
    6-Reed, Casey (Tanfo) 90%
    7-Strader, Phil (Sig) 90%
    8-Turner, Tyler 88%
    9-Coley, Shane (Glock) 87%
    10-Giovannini, Brian 86%
    11-Scott, Chris 86%
    12-Dupuy, Bryce 85%
    13-Lutman, Stephen 81%
    14-Fox, Jared 81%
    15-Singleton, Garran 80%
    16-Maskey, Russell (CZ) 80%
    Thanks bro! I was on the super squad this year, and it was definitely a great learning experience. Tyler is shooting a Glock, Nils is shooting Canik, I was shooting a Glock as usual.

The match itself was one of the hardest matches I've ever shot and definitely seemed to be setup for carry optics. 40-50 yd target on one stage with a 30 yd upper 1/3/head shot on same stage, multiple stages with double swingers, one stage with 26 rounds avg target distance 20-30 yds and nothing closer than 18, one stage with a FU swinger and a bobber that you had to shoot through an 8" hole in a steel wall. The squad got hosed with infamous Frostproof sunrise as well and had a double swinger behind a steel wall directly below the rising sun. I saw the red fiber of my sight bloomed completely out and couldn't see anything behind it, complete blackout! I was lucky to go A/C, C/M on the two swingers, some guys had multiple misses on that array. The match was also full of 10 round arrays throughout with mini poppers and swingers in the mix, so there was very little room for error.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't know his reasons but I wonder if he cares anymore for that match or USPSA brand.
    I haven't been paying much attention but from what little I have, I thought this was supposed to be the best year to sit out if you were ever going to sit out.

Pairing JJ up with a 92X is a thing of beauty. Of course that dude could stomp with a PMR-30 but still...
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Haven’t been following closely in a few years, if this surprises me? Any reason given for skipping?
    I asked him, and he said "I kinda lost interest"

That's a direct quote

With IPSC Worlds being pushed to '21, does '20 nats count towards Worlds '24?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    With IPSC Worlds being pushed to '21, does '20 nats count towards Worlds '24?
    I don't think so. I would imagine '22 and '23 Nationals will count for World Shoot 2024.

#24 in CO at just under 84% is a kid who shot up from a C class to a GM in a matter of few months and is competing with a Glock 26, just because. He should be fun to watch over next few years.

Max has been totally dominant in this division. I think it is four in a row and nobody else has won CO title?
    This him? https://youtu.be/LHe81qKET2k

I feel like this video is worthy of it’s own thread. The stuff about grip on the small gun is interesting. Dude is trying to win worlds with a Glock 26. Just wow!
    Last edited by JCS; 10-23-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

I feel like this video is worthy of it’s own thread. The stuff about grip on the small gun is interesting. Dude is trying to win worlds with a Glock 26. Just wow!
    Wow is right. Guess I will keep my G19 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

Yup. His training journal at the Enos is one of my favorite threads to follow. The guy certainly has his own mind and way about things. I totally agree about being able to let loose at the matches and treat them as training as well.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Yup. His training journal at the Enos is one of my favorite threads to follow. The guy certainly has his own mind and way about things. I totally agree about being able to let loose at the matches and treat them as training as well.
    Based off that interview it seems like he just goes as fast as he can at the lower matches and doesn't care about points or scores but is able to dial it back at the major matches.

I'm curious if he took a similar approach to classification stages or if he dials it back a little on those as well?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List