Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with the Sig P320 these days?

What's the deal with the Sig P320 these days?

Are the bugs finally worked out, and is this a proven/good to go pistol design yet? I've long been wary of any and all Sigs after experiencing and seeing many QC problems with the hammer fired pistols, as well as seeing the multiple debacles regarding the P320/M17 over the past few years. I've been exploring striker fired pistols more. The gun shop I work at just got a couple of M18s and I must admit that something about them makes me want to like them, I'm just not sure if Sig should be trusted at all, let alone the P320. I was able to shoot a used trade-in commercial M18 and found it to be more accurate in my hands than my G19 in fast fire drills, despite having never fired one before. Has it established any kind of good track record yet as a serious use pistol, or is it still a shaky prospect? I don't hear much about them lately. I'm not sure whether that's because they're good to go now, or if it's because they're just not a serious contender. I would think that the military adopting and issuing it would be something of an endorsement, but there is a lot of doubt cast on the veracity of the XM17 MHS trials (and I think rightly so). Still, even the M9 had some hiccups early on, but quickly went on to prove itself.

A deceased equine and good solid piece of hickory to strike it with.
    Last edited by KevH; 10-20-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Site Supporter

I had read those threads, I guess I was just hoping there was something redeeming that I hadn't yet seen or heard, because so far everything is still pretty damning. Ah well.

They are good to go as far as I am concerned.Try one for yourself if you do not like it you should have no problems selling it.
    Sig haters are going to hate.

Nothing is "worked out" with the P320 platform that's commercially available. It's a pig in a poke on what parts your going to get, what configuration it'll be in, and if it will run. Caveat Emptor.

Every time I think about picking up a 320, I look at the exploded FCG parts diagram and compare it to the simplicity of my Glocks. That cures me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Nothing is "worked out" with the P320 platform that's commercially available. It's a pig in a poke on what parts your going to get, what configuration it'll be in, and if it will run. Caveat Emptor.
    Its one of the leading guns in USPSA and IDPA Production and Carry Optics.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Its one of the leading guns in USPSA and IDPA Production and Carry Optics.
    Yes, because it’s relatively cheap and easy to shoot well because it has a nice trigger pull but that is also true of the Springfield XD.

That doesn’t necessarily translate to consistency or safety.

User Tag List