Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your ultimate concert....

Your ultimate concert....

The music angle that crept into the boots thread got me thinking: if you could go to a concert with any 3 artists/bands, living or dead, who would it be?
    Off the top of my head, but I'd probably stay with these picks :
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - I had just discovered SRV when he died, and he was the first "real" music I liked when hair metal pretty much ruled the day. I'll never forget driving to college, punching out one of his CD's (may have even been a cassette!) and hearing on the radio that he had been killed.
    Johnny Cash - because he's the Man in Black. This one especially because I could have seen him live if I'd just made the effort and appreciated him sooner.
    Elvis- would have to have my dad along for this. With my old man you either grew up loving the King, or you didn't get to grow up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Can I just go to a triple-length Rush concert?

Otherwise, I'd have to throw the Grateful Dead in there somewhere. I'm not a huge fan of their music, but the irony of having guys come back from the dead for a concert would be priceless.

SRV. I too feel completely robbed that he died before I could see him in concert. My old man showed me Stevie when I was 5, a couple years after his death.

AC/DC. If they go through with their 40th anniversary tour next year, I'll be there.

ZZ Top. Seen them with Aerosmith. Good show.
    Last edited by JDM; 04-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

The Who

Jethro Tull

The Allman Bros.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    The music angle that crept into the boots thread got me thinking: if you could go to a concert with any 3 artists/bands, living or dead, who would it be?
    I am so lame that I have only been to three concerts in my life.

John Parr at Six Flags in '85, The Who at the Lakewood Amphitheater in '89, and Nine Inch Nails at the Omni on my birthday in '95.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Otherwise, I'd have to throw the Grateful Dead in there somewhere. I'm not a huge fan of their music, but the irony of having guys come back from the dead for a concert would be priceless.
    Didn't they already do that for a music video?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Hendrix.

Floyd.

Cream.

Opener- Frank Sinatra of 1962 vintage, followed by Michael Hedges in 1994 and closed by Van Halen circa 1983.

Others I wish.... The Temptations 1967, a Rat Pack show from about '61, Kiss 1977.

Yes, I'm probably a troubled individual...

Beethoven, Mozart or....Rammstein?

I've seen about 8 or so notable bands/artists in person. The absolute best of them was a classical concert at the Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg, it was awesome. I don't listen to classical music otherwise.....but in person it's really cool, especially when you're a plebian sitting in the same room, and same chairs, that aristocrats use to party in.

I've never seen Rammstein in concert, though, and I love their stuff. Still, between them and AC/DC, it's a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I am so lame that I have only been to three concerts in my life.

John Parr at Six Flags in '85, The Who at the Lakewood Amphitheater in '89, and Nine Inch Nails at the Omni on my birthday in '95.
    Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad and all that
    I hadn't thought about the different era aspect.
    SRV didn't live long enough.
    With Cash I'd probably opt for late 90's so I could get his last albums with all the remakes.
    Elvis- skinny or fat? He was a bad mofo in his youth, but I mostly remember the fat guy in the weird bodysuit (who was still awesome.) "Aloha from Hawaii" is one of my favorite albums; he was clearly losing it, dropping lyrics, out of breath, and still the King.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

User Tag List