Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

Milwaukee and Dewalt make really good drill bits.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Isn't this close to the same as the mity master set?
    https://www.amazon.com/Chapman-MFG-5...dp/B00682RIAY/
    Yes and no. Check the second picture in the product description page I linked for a comparison between the latest version (1000) and the old one, which I have (5575).

I use weha screwdrivers, hex and torx for small electronics , home electric and persision work. Erem cutters can not be beat for precise work either. I agree klein for the beefy stuff.

This thread reminded me that I needed a set of screwdrivers - So I ordered the ball handled Vessel @OlongJohnson linked to and this set of insulated Wihas: https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-32080-In...267807&sr=8-35

Both should be here tomorrow. Just in time for me to replace two GFIC plugs in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Never buy cutting tools at HF. Abrasives if they're cheap enough, but never cutting tools. Life is too short.
    I know, I know. I need some 1/4 impact driver bits for drilling pilot holes.
    #RESIST

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I know, I know. I need some 1/4 impact driver bits for drilling pilot holes.
    Milwaukee Shockwave is where it's at. Commonly available and excellent quality. The new Makita XPS 1'4" drive bits are my new gold standard. I was always a Makita Gold user.

Regarding German hand tools, Wiha is phenomenal quality in just about everything they do. I like their heavy duty screwdrivers, but after getting a wood handled set of Felo screwdrivers from KC Tool I find myself not using anything else.
    https://www.kctoolco.com/felo-22155-...-set-5-pieces/

If you like surly drunken Canadians talking about tools, then you will love AVE.

German Tool Reviews on YouTube also has some incredible (and lengthy) breakdowns of tools from an Engineer's perspective.

If looking for USA made stuff, Klein, Southwire, Crescent, and some DeWalt stuff are good options. Check your labels though because some lines are USA made and some are not. Wera is the other "W" brand that makes a ton of high quality and affordable offerings. They are built in the Czech Republic and have a big following #werarebels

I have a few Tekton hand tools from one of my preferred tool/workwear shops and they are of excellent quality from I have seen. Especially their torx drivers.

If you're using your screwdriver as a screwdriver, not a pry bar, get the Snap On ratcheting bit holders. Get the long and short handles and the long, medium and short shafts. Then invest in a good battery operated screw gun/drill motor. I like the DeWalt.

I remove and install screws everyday. With the exception of small screws and specialty fasteners like Torx, I ditched the fixed style screwdrivers years ago and won't go back.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Milwaukee Shockwave is where it's at. Commonly available and excellent quality. The new Makita XPS 1'4" drive bits are my new gold standard. I was always a Makita Gold user.

Regarding German hand tools, Wiha is phenomenal quality in just about everything they do. I like their heavy duty screwdrivers, but after getting a wood handled set of Felo screwdrivers from KC Tool I find myself not using anything else.
    https://www.kctoolco.com/felo-22155-...-set-5-pieces/

If you like surly drunken Canadians talking about tools, then you will love AVE.

German Tool Reviews on YouTube also has some incredible (and lengthy) breakdowns of tools from an Engineer's perspective.

If looking for USA made stuff, Klein, Southwire, Crescent, and some DeWalt stuff are good options. Check your labels though because some lines are USA made and some are not. Wera is the other "W" brand that makes a ton of high quality and affordable offerings. They are built in the Czech Republic and have a big following #werarebels

I have a few Tekton hand tools from one of my preferred tool/workwear shops and they are of excellent quality from I have seen. Especially their torx drivers.
    I just spent a few minutes looking for Makita Shockwave 1/4 drill bits for impact drivers and didn't find what I was looking for. What I want is something like this Bosh set or maybe just this Bosch set? I'm ready to order today; I've got blisters from splitting wood and need to get back to working on my back deck rebuild.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Impact-...dp/B073HTDXC9/
    #RESIST

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I just spent a few minutes looking for Makita Shockwave 1/4 drill bits for impact drivers and didn't find what I was looking for. What I want is something like this Bosh set or maybe just this Bosch set? I'm ready to order today; I've got blisters from splitting wood and need to get back to working on my back deck rebuild.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Impact-...dp/B073HTDXC9/
    The Shockwave is Milwaukee. Makita doesn't have impact driver drill bits out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    The Shockwave is Milwaukee. Makita doesn't have impact driver drill bits out yet.
    Well, I fucked that up

Ordered the Bosch set.
    #RESIST

User Tag List