Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I guess you'd need to figure out something with drawers, but this might be a direction:

https://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com...29802612162648

Pretty sure I've seen that brand in big box stores.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    T.O.T.M. Oct 21--- Libman Made in USA 24 inch Multi-surface Push Broom-retail 24ish, caught it on sale for 14 ish.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Libman-24-i...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Looking for deals on the Milwaukee 2960 and any Milwaukee batteries at or over 5.0 aH.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Looking for deals on the Milwaukee 2960 and any Milwaukee batteries at or over 5.0 aH.
    Free bump for you.

I just bought the 1/2" version of that last week at a tool store in the middle of nowhere, PA. I actually bought it as a memory of that place, because I knew I was paying $20 too much, but I also knew I'd never be back and I wanted something useful to remember my time spent there on a really interesting job. Tool nostalgia; is that a thing?

Site Supporter
    T.O.T.M. November 2021

Libman Made in the USA "Angle" Broom-Model 904. I purchased mine local at the True Value. I suspect that I could have found it a bit less at a big box store as the 905 with a dustpan.

15ish-17 ish tax out the door all day long.

https://libman.com/products/indoor-outdoor-angle-broom
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Anyone in the Houston area who is thinking about investing in a nice vise:

There's a guy in New Caney who bought several of the German-made Ridgid 5-inch vises with the releasable screw feature for rapid in/out. He got them dirt cheap when the store they were in apparently got some water on the floor. I've been itching to put one of these Ridgids on my bench for about three years, and happened to be in the area for work, so I went ahead and did it. Paid about $200 less than Amazon's shipped/taxed price. Still a lot, but I figure I can put it back on CL or fleabay after awhile if I don't love it. And I'll stop wasting time looking at more vises online. The box (marked as originating in some town in Germany) was slightly moldy and still moist. Threw it in a trash can in the first grocery store parking lot I came to. There's some slight rust on the base and some freckling on the zinc-plated handle, but all the key parts are clean. Sitting on my garage floor for now while I finish the major project that must be complete before anything else significant gets done.

Check Craigslist if you're interested.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

One of my inherited S-K ratchets is starting to auto reverse. Looked up the parts to do renewals on it and learned that S-K Tools was bought by the Chinese in July of this year. Lame. I'll still order some renewal kits, but I won't recommend or buy anymore new S-K tools.

Meantime, Wright Tool is still Privately Owned USA-based. However, Wright seems to have an aversion to building a proper 1/4" drive ratchet.

I need one, I have a bit driver ratchet already. I need a proper 1/4" drive ratchet, not Craftsman (after my last three Craftsman ratchets failed I'm done with them). Preferably made in USA, but will accept Japan, German, UK, or France. Should be user serviceable and preferably have renewal kits available, because I'd like to buy a surplus kit for it.

So far, Beta seems to be the winner there. Anyone got any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Me too. Let us know when you find a deal.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I need a new tool box for ratchets, sockets and combo wrenches. Not really looking for a roll away and trying to keep the price down. Any recommendations?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List