Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Holy crap, did RR just...insta us?!
    Well, since I'm putting the good shit on IG lately, I figured P-F should get that, instead of my "not good enough for the 'gram" content.

Plus I'm lazy.

Estwing hammer, love mine.
    My eyes love Estwing, my elbow does not. I'm a wooden handle hammer fan. No big deal anymore, I'm 20 years past framing all day with a hammer. My hammer only gets used to finish off nails that don't sink fully with my nail gun, or to pound in my cat's paw to fix a mistake... so I picked up my Estwing again.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, since I'm putting the good shit on IG lately, I figured P-F should get that, instead of my "not good enough for the 'gram" content.

Plus I'm lazy.
    I was just giving you shit, post it all you want.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Now, moving on. I need to replace two of these thin profile Craftsman ratchets (one 1/4" and one 3/8" drive)

Attachment 62136

Things I like(d) about these ratchets - the handle shape, the quick release, and the slim-line head. Things I do not likely about these ratchets...they're both fucking broken and self-reverse.
    Can you get a repair kit for the ratchets?

Another option you might consider if buying new are the Wera Zyklop metal ratchets. I'm a snap-on whore but really like the Wera ratchets and they're not super expensive at $45-$55 depending on drive size.

https://products.wera.de/en/zyklop_r..._ratchets.html

I also plead poverty, but I'm still shopping
    I prefer this style to the straight handle. Its more ergonomic in fwd and reverse. Is that the answer you were seeking?

Name:  D42A7BCB-52D1-4FD3-805F-114533E859EB.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  37.8 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

And to add as @Darth_Uno said in this post https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1129232
    Greenlee makes good stuff on a less expensive budget. At least on the electrical side.
    Ive bought this set for a couple of helpers starting out.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/22-Piece...7001/202039374
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Speaking of the M12 driver, I have the version of this kit from 10 years ago, and it's my go-to for a ton of stuff. I like the small batteries like on this one just to keep the tools more compact and easy to use. Not to turn this into the cordless tool thread that we already have somewhere else. But I use this with the 1/4 spinner extension all the time. They make a great combination.

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-249...dp/B0043WF6Q4/
    I have the same deal in Bosch, also about 10 years old. I thought they'd be toast by now, but they keep on trucking. I have the impact, the screwdriver and the drill. Use them mercilessly for anything that is not obviously too large. Very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    My anticipated Tool of the Month for November:

a: A Rigid Brand Aluminum 18 inch Pipe Wrench ( I own no such tool) or

b: A set of Crescent Wrenches ( I own no such tools, but just bought sockets and have numerous sets of Knipex pliers to include their adjustable ones) or

c: An Estwing hammer in the 12-16 oz range (I have a 22 oz with a Milled Face I bought for a fence tear down job years ago but it seems a bit unwieldy.)

d: Open to suggestions
    I bought one of the Rigid Aluminum pipe wrenches when I had to replumb our kitchen sink. A great tool compared to a traditional cast iron pipe wrench.

But if one does not own a Crescent wrench you need two of them (8" and 10"). My dad was a big fan of the crescent wrench for many things (about half the ones I inherited from him have hammer marks on them). Once you realize the utility of an adjustable wrench, you'll wonder how you lived life without.

I bought a 12-oz Estwing claw about 4 years ago when I broke an old wood handled dollar store jobby. The 12-ounce is about ideal for around the house things. For the garage a 16-ounce ballpeen reigns supreme.

I just spent a few minutes looking for Makita Shockwave 1/4 drill bits for impact drivers and didn't find what I was looking for. What I want is something like this Bosh set or maybe just this Bosch set? I'm ready to order today; I've got blisters from splitting wood and need to get back to working on my back deck rebuild.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Impact-...dp/B073HTDXC9/
    Finished my deck with this, it's a noticeable upgrade. Good stuff.

Name:  72DBCDE9-23CF-44F9-9A26-4B358CA57B0C.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  97.3 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Wehrmacht. You used to find them all over in Europe.
    Multi year Tour de France winners too.

Lightning fast competitors in the regional air races as well.

Pretty bad ass in desert off road category.

They were champs in the Paris to Dakar rally if I recall. sponsored by BMW I think.

Their CEO was a bit of a temperamental prick from what I heard.

I think he got fired though.

User Tag List