Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

I’ve been looking for one of these

Black Friday special from Safety Source:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Black Friday special from Safety Source:
    Total game changer!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Can't tell you what to do in your particular situation, but (1) your inflator is hopefully still under warranty,
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Thanks for the reminder on this.

I've just gotten so used to every single person and company sucking, I forgot how easy their website was.
    https://service.milwaukeetool.com/

Enter serial # and upload copy of receipt from Amazon, and they give you a RA# and prepaid label to print. Just gotta stick it in a box and have wife drop it off at Fedex.

bought in November 2020 and a 3 year warranty so still well within.
    Took me awhile to find a box to fit the thing in, but finally got it shipped off and just got this email back. Now I will have both!

Name:  34D4B4BD-15E4-4B0F-9F5C-8A2F0A9940C1.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  33.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My manual pump sprayer shit the bed yesterday, which of course means I “needed” to order up one of these. Have zero need for the charger (just threw out like 4 of them last week) but don’t mind the extra battery. Couldn’t find it as a bare tool.

I like the idea of getting a spare, maybe even larger, jug for other stuff. My main use is for the “non toxic” weed killer that we can’t seem to get our various lawn guys to do, leaving me to be the weed man every couple of weeks.

I’m hopeful that making the chore easier will lead me to do it more often, which in turn will lead to the weeds not getting so big.

https://www.toolnut.com/milwaukee-25...rayer-kit.html

Name:  F5C770A3-91CA-4996-9A07-A8009D1EF2EC.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  19.1 KB

Oh this is a great idea

Oh this is a great idea

Nice! It's always annoyed me that my M18 Surge driver has worse bit holding than the Craftsman that I had 20 years ago. I've seen some third-party solutions but none of them looked great. Any idea if this is available for purchase anywhere? Couldn't find a part number or any other reference to it, maybe it's just too new.

But while looking on Milwaukee's site, I did come across the M18 track saw, hadn't seen that before. I bought a corded Makita several years ago, I think you may have too? From what I've read the Milwaukee uses the same track as Makita/Festool, so it wouldn't be too painful to make the switch. But I always use my track saw with a dust collector and rely on an iVAC switch on the cord to turn it on when the saw powers up. The Milwaukee is a lot less interesting to me without equivalent capability.

That M12 sprayer will probably end up costing me money come spring. I have a decent manual 4 gallon backpack sprayer, but it's overkill for spot spraying. Meanwhile I have yet to see any ready-to-use herbicide come with a sprayer wand that isn't total garbage. This looks like the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Nice! It's always annoyed me that my M18 Surge driver has worse bit holding than the Craftsman that I had 20 years ago. I've seen some third-party solutions but none of them looked great. Any idea if this is available for purchase anywhere? Couldn't find a part number or any other reference to it, maybe it's just too new.
    I was able to pre-order here. I ordered 4. Watch the shipping though, it's not worth it just for that one item.
    https://www.toolnut.com/milwaukee-48...RoCkQIQAvD_BwE

I've been using the FastCap powermagscrew to hold bits, which admittedly I'll probably keep on the tools since I also use them to hold screws.

But while looking on Milwaukee's site, I did come across the M18 track saw, hadn't seen that before. I bought a corded Makita several years ago, I think you may have too? From what I've read the Milwaukee uses the same track as Makita/Festool, so it wouldn't be too painful to make the switch. But I always use my track saw with a dust collector and rely on an iVAC switch on the cord to turn it on when the saw powers up. The Milwaukee is a lot less interesting to me without equivalent capability.
    I desperately want that track saw. the cord soup with the current one I have makes me crazy. I hadn't thought about the fact that you can't use the iVac, as I'd never set mine up that way. I don't usually have enough track saw cuts to make it worthwhile.

If Milwaukee had been kind enough to make the new M18 shop vacs also work with 120v, like they do with their lights (like this one, and this one, and this one and their fan (which isn't as great since it doesn't just plug in to an extension cord) I'd already have one of those and I'd be really enjoying my future track-sawing.

That M12 sprayer will probably end up costing me money come spring. I have a decent manual 4 gallon backpack sprayer, but it's overkill for spot spraying. Meanwhile I have yet to see any ready-to-use herbicide come with a sprayer wand that isn't total garbage. This looks like the answer.
    I *really* hope this thing doesn't suck. There's a lot to like about it, to include the fact that you can run it one-handed. Right now I tend to pump up my manual one and then kind of claw-grip my way into one-handed use. To me the fact that they built it in to the Milwaukee was nice to see.

Tier 1, 1.5, or even Tier 2 tools thread

Took me awhile to find a box to fit the thing in, but finally got it shipped off and just got this email back. Now I will have both!

Name:  34D4B4BD-15E4-4B0F-9F5C-8A2F0A9940C1.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  33.6 KB
    Package arrived this week. Seemed to be "new" although there's an odd "2024" scratched into the body of this one. In future when I send in a tool I'll mark it myself somehow to see if I get something different or my old one back.

Heavy Wet Snow

Had to pull out the pole saw to trim some broken branches above my driveway. I love this thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List