Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for 870 18in barrell with rifle sights

Looking for 870 18in barrell with rifle sights

RFI,

I am looking for a Remington 12ga, 870 barrel, preferably 18 in fixed cylinder with rifle sights. I have put my name on the "inform when available list at Midwest Gun works". However like most American males I am inpatient. The reason is that, I am wanting to set up my 870 for HD.
    thanks for the help. I have

W/R
    Steve

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    RFI,

I am looking for a Remington 12ga, 870 barrel, preferably 18 in fixed cylinder with rifle sights. I have put my name on the "inform when available list at Midwest Gun works". However like most American males I am inpatient. The reason is that, I am wanting to set up my 870 for HD.
    thanks for the help. I have

W/R
    Steve
    You are not alone, sir.

To the best of my knowledge nobody has 18" rifle-sighted 870 barrels in stock. The holding company that owns Remington is going through bankruptcy and Big Green's production has been spotty at best, even in this time of what should be plenty for gun manufacturers.

I don't see anything on auction sites either.

So if you are looking for rifle sights on your shotgun, you may want to talk to a good smith to have them added to your existing barrel. I've heard a lot of good things about Cotton Branch Custom and plan to send them some work in the very near future. I'm sure they could add rifle style sights to your gun as it sits.
    3/15/2016

Tim,

Thanks for the info, by the way it was great shooting with you in WVa, I was the other "dot" shooter/1st time using AIWB in a class, your tips were extremely helpful. So would I be better off buying a Mossberg 590 tactical, or just biting the bullet and purchase a Wilson combat shotgun??

Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    So would I be better off buying a Mossberg 590 tactical, or just biting the bullet and purchase a Wilson combat shotgun??
    Depends on which 870 you have. If it's an Express, then upgrading is better. The question then becomes what the upgrade should be.

Please continue to hold and a 1301 salesman will be with you shortly.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I had one listed in the classifieds but sold it to another member here a couple weeks ago.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

18” barrels, with rifle sights, are rare birds. 20”, with rifle sights, has always been more common, and evil-bay can be your friend, if one buys carefully.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    IIRC Mossberg make replacement barrels for Remington 870s as well. FWIW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    You are not alone, sir.

To the best of my knowledge nobody has 18" rifle-sighted 870 barrels in stock. The holding company that owns Remington is going through bankruptcy and Big Green's production has been spotty at best, even in this time of what should be plenty for gun manufacturers.

I don't see anything on auction sites either.

So if you are looking for rifle sights on your shotgun, you may want to talk to a good smith to have them added to your existing barrel. I've heard a lot of good things about Cotton Branch Custom and plan to send them some work in the very near future. I'm sure they could add rifle style sights to your gun as it sits.
    Tim is spot on as usual but if I were going to go to the time and trouble of having a gunsmith add rifle sights I would just go all in and go with an Aimpoint or RMR red dot in a direct mount as offered by Aridus, KE Arms or Suarez. If your receiver is not already drilled and tapped a good gunsmith can drill and tap any 870 receiver for the factory mount pattern.

http://www.kearms.com/shotgun-scope-mount-remington-870

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...nt-micro-crom/

https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...icon-rmr-crom/

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...con-rmr-mount/
    Last edited by HCM; 10-19-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Does anyone make a good set of open iron sights?

I see several ghost ring styles, but little in open sights. The Remington sights are high and fragile looking.

Something like a set of 1911 sights would be cool if you could regulate them properly. I think Randy Cain had something going like that.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Does anyone make a good set of open iron sights?

I see several ghost ring styles, but little in open sights. The Remington sights are high and fragile looking.

Something like a set of 1911 sights would be cool if you could regulate them properly. I think Randy Cain had something going like that.
    Feudist:

I have been contemplating grabbing a cheap vent ribbed barrel from CDNN, having it shortened (say 18.5 inches), re-cut for choke tubes and having 1911 style dovetails cut near the muzzle and about two inches in front of the receiver. Then add a simple set of fixed 1911 sights. Something like a 10-8 Performance National Match rear and a Novak front dovetail sight. I can't imagine it would be too difficult but I never got around to having it done. Food for thought.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List