Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for 870 18in barrell with rifle sights

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The best WC install is on a barrel that has the pedestal for the bead. Then drill through the sight and pedestal for a roll pin.
    I haven't bought a set since WC took over ST, so things may have changed. The rear track lock ghost rings used to be mounted to the receiver by screws in holes you tapped. I've never had one come of an 870 (at least no one has complained) likewise the front sight could be glued onto the pedestal and then a screw put into a hole you tapped in the pedestal. At that point it's adhesion is dependent on the soldering job which originally set the pedetal in place at the factory. Generally, in my experience, the pedestal barrels are thinner walled than the police bead barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It's probably more to do with my shitty right eye than anything else, but I vastly prefer something like the Vang Comp Sentinel sights, especially if inlet into a vent rib, to any of the traditional 'rifle' sights on shotguns. You could probably improve regular rifle sights with a file to widen out the rear notch and a larger front blade to make it faster to pick up at speed, but the Sentinel sights are just so much more low-profile and I value that in a gauge.
    Any more info on these sights? I've seen these referred to by a few. They sound like pistol style sights.

Looks like the OP hasn't been active in months, so I'll post this here. Saw an interesting LE trade 18.5" barrel with rifle sights on ebay. It's not the typical ramped rear sight, but rather a dovetail one I don't think I've seen before. Just under 4 days left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265253125938
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Looks like the OP hasn't been active in months, so I'll post this here. Saw an interesting LE trade 18.5" barrel with rifle sights on ebay. It's not the typical ramped rear sight, but rather a dovetail one I don't think I've seen before. Just under 4 days left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265253125938
    That barrel + the installed XS rifle sights was a factory option at one time.
    The sight options available were different versions of the front sight dot size along with a tritium option.

The XS sights are very "fast".
    Last edited by tango-papa; 08-05-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    I have that model barrel on my downstairs 870. I would like one to go on the upstairs 870. Very tempting!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    RFI,

I am looking for a Remington 12ga, 870 barrel, preferably 18 in fixed cylinder with rifle sights. I have put my name on the "inform when available list at Midwest Gun works". However like most American males I am inpatient. The reason is that, I am wanting to set up my 870 for HD.
    thanks for the help. I have

W/R
    Steve
    ebay has what you are looking for at 152/53.

User Tag List