Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: SF starts non-police behavioral response

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Out of respect for a dead woman who was, apparently, just trying to help people and make her community better I'll not voice the multitude of snarky bullshit dancing in my skull right now. What I will say is that this occurrence, this dead woman, will not be a speed bump in the road for the defund the police movement because it's a feature and not a bug. It's more anarchy, and that's the goal.
    I agree with you 100% on this. She's not at fault for trying to do what she thought was right. The people who put her into that situation are at fault because so many people are trying to convince them that they're wrong and they're not listening.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I agree with you 100% on this. She's not at fault for trying to do what she thought was right. The people who put her into that situation are at fault because so many people are trying to convince them that they're wrong and they're not listening.

Okie John
    Well said.

I had a draft post on this but deleted it. It’s so sad this woman lost her life. I’m sure she didn’t get up that day expecting to be stabbed to death by a schizophrenic. Unfortunately she’s not the last person who’s going to be seriously injured or killed by these policies, and this “Defund” movement.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Out of respect for a dead woman who was, apparently, just trying to help people and make her community better I'll not voice the multitude of snarky bullshit dancing in my skull right now. What I will say is that this occurrence, this dead woman, will not be a speed bump in the road for the defund the police movement because it's a feature and not a bug. It's more anarchy, and that's the goal.
    I totally agree with these sentiments.

What's sad is the fact that there will be no national movement eulogizing this woman who was, as you said, trying to help others when she was killed at the hands of her client.

Doubly sad is my premonition that this man will, as a result of his psychosis, be given a token commitment and set loose upon society again.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Just to update this thread, the practice of sending crisis counselors or mental health "experts" has begun here. I've asked several officers how it's going in the field. They weren't sure how to respond, since they haven't seen these folks out there. There seems to be very few of them (because of course), but the cops have responded to calls they've 'redirected' back to the PD. The only time any of the officers I've spoken saw one of these folks was as the guy literally ran PAST them, pointing over his shoulder and yelling "He's back there!" He then jumped in his vehicle and fles the scene. Didn't return when requested by the officers. So .....off to a good start.
    Mostly peaceful?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    What's sad is the fact that there will be no national movement eulogizing this woman who was, as you said, trying to help others when she was killed at the hands of her client.
    In addition to being in agreement with the majority of opinion thus far, I want to single this one out.

When knife-wielding sex offenders get lionized, see marches and protests nationwide in their honor, and rake in millions of $ in crowd funding, while some workaday big-hearted counselor dies alone and scared after getting perforated in a deteriorating politicized situation entirely not of her making and yet, nobody but the postmillenial cares, then we’ve reached the age of insanity.

We simply can’t move forward together as a society when the most vocal factions are largely dead-set determined to major in the wrong courses, and only minor in doing the right thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In addition to being in agreement with the majority of opinion thus far, I want to single this one out.

When knife-wielding sex offenders get lionized, see marches and protests nationwide in their honor, and rake in millions of $ in crowd funding, while some workaday big-hearted counselor dies alone and scared after getting perforated in a deteriorating politicized situation entirely not of her making and yet, nobody but the postmillenial cares, then we’ve reached the age of insanity.

We simply can’t move forward together as a society when the most vocal factions are largely dead-set determined to major in the wrong courses, and only minor in doing the right thing.
    Good post. A little depressing but good post

According to this new story, the San Francisco Street Crisis Response Team will work from 1000hr to 1800hr, Monday through Friday. I wonder if they plan to expand the work hours as the program grows, or perhaps mental health crises only happen during banker's hours?

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ion-911-calls/

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    According to this new story, the San Francisco Street Crisis Response Team will work from 1000hr to 1800hr, Monday through Friday.
    Where's the "laughing so hard I'm crying" emoji when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Where's the "laughing so hard I'm crying" emoji when you need it?
    No worries, operators are standing by after hours. Your call is very important to us.

(We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    According to this new story, the San Francisco Street Crisis Response Team will work from 1000hr to 1800hr, Monday through Friday. I wonder if they plan to expand the work hours as the program grows, or perhaps mental health crises only happen during banker's hours?

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...ion-911-calls/
    Additionally, how many “non-violent” calls become violent at the drop of a hat, requiring law enforcement intervention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List