Thread: Seeking review/recommendation for or against Cognitive Interview training from NW3C

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Seeking review/recommendation for or against Cognitive Interview training from NW3C

Has anyone attended the virtual version (or live) of this class: https://www.nw3c.org/UI/CourseDetails.html?courseId=605

and if so was it worth the time and money invested?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I'm interested in folks' view. The cognitive interview is described and mentioned in Cognitive Psychology memory texts when discussing eyewitness testimony problems and the theories of memory replacement as general memory mechanisms.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm interested in folks' view. The cognitive interview is described and mentioned in Cognitive Psychology memory texts when discussing eyewitness testimony problems and the theories of memory replacement as general memory mechanisms.
    Is it generally accepted to be worthwhile or is it more controversial?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I'm nearly done with the Force Science Certified Analyst virtual course. One block of instruction dealt with the cognitive interview. It was presented by R. Edward Geiselman, Ph.D., who co-developed the cognitive interview technique and literally wrote the book on the subject 30 years ago. He stated that the text published 30 years ago hasn't needed an update because nothing has changed.

His text is available on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/0398061211...lv_ys_lv_dp_it

User Tag List