Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the 15-22 in 2020/Upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    My 15-22 runs great with the CCI Tactical 22LR ammo made for AR style .22lrs. It will not run bulk pack fodder. The issue appears to be with the ejector.

Volquartsen makes a carbon fiber barrel with an integral extractor that supposedly will run anything.
    That barrel looks slick. Just the ticket for a light handling, fun rifle.
    #RESIST

https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp15-22...r-safety-alert

I sent for the gauge and mine is OK.

Mine works OK. I have shot CCI Tactical and Mini Mags. I think I had some failure to fire with some Winchester bulk pack, but that is to be expected.

I have a light, a Leopold 1-4 and a sling. It sits in the corner with a few loaded 25 round mags nearby.

Thank you all for the replies. Is there a spring replacement schedule/a source for reliable springs?

If you use your 15-22 as a trainer, this really inexpensive light mount will actually put your light far enough forward on the short m-lok handguard to emulate a 12.5 or 13" handguard more closely. It's cheaper than getting the adapter to put a longer handguard on. Also, the person at S&W who decided on that handguard length deserves a wet slap.
    https://www.leapers.com/index.php?ac...emno=RG-FL27MC
    Disclaimer, I would never use an AR accessory made by UTG on any duty or serious use gun. I hear they've gotten better and this light mount is pretty well machined, but they are not there yet with that kind of trust with me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tacticool makes a bunch of stuff for the 15-22 particularly their conversion barrel nut to allow use of AR-15 handguards.

https://www.tacticool22.com/firearms...sson-mp15-22/#

ambi charging handle

https://radianweapons.com/raptor-m-p-15-22

@HCM thx much for the Radian ambi. CH heads up, this satan hander is talking to Radian Tues. as I have a steel match Fri nite.

Going down the upgrade rabbit hole a thought occurs - would it just be easier to get a Tippman Ar15 or Kriss Defiance?

My 15-22 Sport has been very reliable, I sent off for the gauge and mine passed as well. I shot CCI Blazer and SV along with Federal bulk pack Saturday. No hiccups at all. Even my first 15-22 ran thousands and thousands of bulk pack rounds without problems after it got the blue spring upgrade but it was one of the first ones out. I don’t think there’s anything to do with a newer one unless you just get a bad one but that happens with any brand. The ones I’ve seen at Steel Challenge matches have certainly been more reliable than 10/22’s.

Up until last week my Sport had a Geissele SSP trigger in it and a SOPMOD stock on it, I put the original trigger back in and it runs just fine. MagPul VG, K+ grip and MBUS sights along with a Romeo 5 get plenty of plinking accuracy with groups about 1”at 20 yards shooting offhand is about all I’m good for but I didn’t buy it for a bench rest rifle. I also added a BCM Model 0 brake so it would be loud enough to pick up the timer every shot.

Edit: I did add KNS pins (15-22 specific) because the hammer was rotating and the plastic housing may or may not agree with that.

I like mine.

Would someone with the gauge and a micrometer care to mike it and post the result?

I don't have anything precise enough to reliably go by but searching the net shows .034-.035, mine is showing .035"

Thanks for the reminder.

I sent for the gauge (which S&W sent for free and arrived within a week) and checked the rifle today. All ok!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List