Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State of the 15-22 in 2020/Upgrades?

State of the 15-22 in 2020/Upgrades?

Just peeling off from this excellent thread on 15-22 vs 22 LR AR uppers.

I have a 15-22 from when they first came out (around 2010) and aside from occasional double feeds it has performed well. I have not changed or replaced anything on it.

I am planning on using it more heavily to prepare for the new Army Rifle Qual.

Are there any must get upgrades for it for reliability/accuracy?

Thanks!

Hammertime
    I too would like to know this since I just blew mine up after 1800 rounds.

Out of Battery discharge which I guess is possible with the design. Blew off extractor but no real harm done.

S&W issued a shipping tag super fast and it is heading back to them. It was relatively early production so maybe it will come back with some sort of improvements, I hope, because I love shooting the thing.

Site Supporter
    Tacticool makes a bunch of stuff for the 15-22 particularly their conversion barrel nut to allow use of AR-15 handguards.

https://www.tacticool22.com/firearms...sson-mp15-22/#

ambi charging handle

https://radianweapons.com/raptor-m-p-15-22

Site Supporter
    If price is no object ...

Site Supporter
    I sold my S&W 15-22. I plan on buying a tippman arms m4-22 today

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I sold my S&W 15-22. I plan on buying a tippman arms m4-22 today
    A buddy has about 15k rounds on a Tippman. They run well. I just bought the tippman pistol but haven’t gotten to fire it yet.

My two 15-22s are going strong though.

My 15-22 runs great with the CCI Tactical 22LR ammo made for AR style .22lrs. It will not run bulk pack fodder. The issue appears to be with the ejector.

Volquartsen makes a carbon fiber barrel with an integral extractor that supposedly will run anything.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    My 15-22 runs great with the CCI Tactical 22LR ammo made for AR style .22lrs. It will not run bulk pack fodder. The issue appears to be with the ejector.

Volquartsen makes a carbon fiber barrel with an integral extractor that supposedly will run anything.
    It's crazy how it's luck of the draw with semi auto .22lr. My 2019 manufactured 15-22 Sport will run absolutely any crap .22lr I try. I've even recently dipped into a bucket of Remington golden bullets and have yet to have a failure. I have noticed that it's important to check the top round of the mag and make sure it's pointing upward correctly. Mine does have an integral extractor like the Volquartsen barrel you linked, perhaps that was a manufacturing change they've made recently? I've seen other 15-22s on the range that are finicky. Mine also shoots CCI Mini Mags with astonishing accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post

That’s weird, mine likes CCI but I have yet to find some cheap shit that it won’t feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my reminder to do that serial number check on mine for OOB.
    #RESIST

User Tag List