Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Man vs. A Movement. What's at stake. Trump v. Biden

Along the same vein. I don’t get how people didnt get this 4 years ago.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-201848
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Along the same vein. I don’t get how people didnt get this 4 years ago.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-201848
    Enough did. Just enough.
    There are more of them today, not fewer.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

This mirrors--in part--a little essay I wrote myself to help clarify why I will vote for Trump, despite his lack of character. However, Klingenstein lost me at religion, traditional family, and LBGTQ issues. I don't want the government involved in these things, other than to protect our right to freedom of speech and religion.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This mirrors--in part--a little essay I wrote myself to help clarify why I will vote for Trump, despite his lack of character. However, Klingenstein lost me at religion, traditional family, and LBGTQ issues. I don't want the government involved in these things, other than to protect our right to freedom of speech and religion.
    And we don't want the government involved in those things, to destroy them, be hostile to them, enforce "right think", either. The left wants to swing that pendulum hard. I don't want the sharia law of little old church ladies (even though personally most anyone here would consider me a crazy bible-thumper) and I don't want the sharia law of the woke left. Both are bad positions for the government to take.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Dude hit it out of the park, over the pond, across the street and through someone’s window. So spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    And we don't want the government involved in those things, to destroy them, be hostile to them, enforce "right think", either. The left wants to swing that pendulum hard. I don't want the sharia law of little old church ladies (even though personally most anyone here would consider me a crazy bible-thumper) and I don't want the sharia law of the woke left. Both are bad positions for the government to take.
    Totally agree. Well said.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Finally, the fact that you equate the Witten or kidnap platters with the Republicans shows you are ill-informed. The Whitmer kidnap platters are Boogaloo boys, meaning they are anarchist extremist libertarians. They are anti-government and anti-constitution. They hate Trump as the head of the federal government just as much as they hate governor Whitmer.

If you want to tie them to a presidential candidate that’s going to be Jo Jorgensen.
    As I understand it, one of the Whitmer plotters has been identified as an anarcho-capitalist. If so, Jo Jorgensen isn't their candidate either. Another has been identified as a MAGA supporter Republican. The others I haven't heard anything about one way or another. Frankly it doesn't matter much to my point anyways, there are other examples I could cite. The extemes do not represent the majority of either party. The more we try to demonize the opposition though the more we serve to drive folks out to the extemes and the more fragile we become as a nation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    I believe but certainly could be wrong that popular support for BLM is derived from legitimate complaints about policing that lend credibility to questionable and illegitimate claims of issues with policing. There are problems in police culture. I cannot begin to say they predominate the police force. But a look at the legal system in White county Tennessee can show you that problems exist. The problems I know of in that system are a judge who was offering get out of jail free cards in exchange for vasectomies, a sheriff on camera encouraging his deputies to lie on their reports about the facts of a vehicle chase, and a deputy siccing his canine on an unarmed woman because she hid from police while they searched for her. That last one was commands to bite given repeatedly rather than effectuating an arrest not simply using the dog to find her and she got bit. None of these issues have a racial animus that I am aware of but none the less they demonstrate an issue with the culture in that geographical area. These issues do need to be addressed and it is a shame if it takes marxists to call for this redress.

That was a long way of saying BLM is about police brutality in the popular zeitgeist as I see it. If the legitimate issues are addressed I am doubtful that the other portions of that movement will enjoy the same support. In my calculations fears of BLM destroying America are overblown because the true threats will not find support after the legitimate portions of their movement have been addressed.
    Read what I wrote again. You need to separate BLM the organization and BLM the sentiment.

While the Marxist organization cloaking itself in the guise of a racial justice organization is a brilliant move for the commies to insulate themselves from critics, the problem is there are real problems with race and policing in this country which the marxist BLM organization will not and cannot address.

So if the commies stole “BLM” as a false front for the communist agenda where does that leave black people ? Fucked again by a bunch of Marxists who leveraged tragedy for their own agendas the expense of black people.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    As I understand it, one of the Whitmer plotters has been identified as an anarcho-capitalist. If so, Jo Jorgensen isn't their candidate either. Another has been identified as a MAGA supporter Republican. The others I haven't heard anything about one way or another. Frankly it doesn't matter much to my point anyways, there are other examples I could cite. The extemes do not represent the majority of either party. The more we try to demonize the opposition though the more we serve to drive folks out to the extemes and the more fragile we become as a nation.
    Anarcho- capitalism is an extreme form of libertarianism. 100% free market with no government. It is literally libertarianism taken to the extreme.

Jo Jorgensen is the closest thing they have to a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anarcho- capitalism is an extreme form of libertarianism. 100% free market with no government. It is literally libertarianism taken to the extreme.

Jo Jorgensen is the closest thing they have to a candidate.
    Yep, I've known some though it has been a long time. The anarcho-capitalists I knew would likely see a minarchist Libertarian as a watered down statist even if an ally of sorts. But it all gets weird at the fringes.

User Tag List