Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dishwasher issue

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I said Fuck It and bought two gallons of Zep CLR from my Lowes, poured it down the drain, and voila!, problem solved.
    From the kitchen across that level of the house there is a pipe that hardly has any fall and had the same issue. I dumped a shitload of some shit in it and kept filling 5gal buckets full of hot water and dumping them in at once. It didn't work and when I reluctantly decided to tear it apart I rolled the dice and tried just one more time and Tallyho!!

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    We're all proud of you, man!

But more importantly, does it earn you any bonus points with the better half?

When I told my wife we saved at least $5k me installing our new split-ductless A/C system this summer, I said I'd like about $1k to spend on my gun hobby. All that earned me was a "yeah, sure" look.
    She was pleased, but she's pretty relaxed about my hobbies.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    From the kitchen across that level of the house there is a pipe that hardly has any fall and had the same issue. I dumped a shitload of some shit in it and kept filling 5gal buckets full of hot water and dumping them in at once. It didn't work and when I reluctantly decided to tear it apart I rolled the dice and tried just one more time and Tallyho!!
    Hot water and Dawn at first. CLR when you're done fucking around
    #RESIST

Hot water and Dawn at first. CLR when you're done fucking around
    I had verified the blockage was past the trap, and the next step was gonna involve a Sawzall, but the pipe is above the the 20' long workbench that was going to require some "extensive" effort to clear off first. Boy was I happy when that last try bucket of water started swirling!

Speaking of drain issues, I recently put in a couple of ShowerShrooms and have been impressed with how much hair they collect.
    https://www.tubshroom.com/
    Expensive for what they are, but my last major drain clog turned out to be mostly hair. If these prevent another one they’re a bargain.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    You ever pulled a root ball out of a 6" sewer line? It looks like an alien.

LL, glad you fixed your dishwasher. Just want to add that more than a few times we've had customers call because the dishwasher in their brand new home doesn't work. More often than not the supply flex line got pinched when whoever installed it shoved the dishwasher back into place. It's either that or the valve is turned off. That's the first two things to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    You ever pulled a root ball out of a 6" sewer line? It looks like an alien.

LL, glad you fixed your dishwasher. Just want to add that more than a few times we've had customers call because the dishwasher in their brand new home doesn't work. More often than not the supply flex line got pinched when whoever installed it shoved the dishwasher back into place. It's either that or the valve is turned off. That's the first two things to check.
    Yup, I know that stuff intimately after having wrestled it all together myself, learning as I went. It was a really old valve, I replaced the cold water one too, on GP.
    #RESIST

It was a really old valve, I replaced the cold water one too, on GP.
    This was glossed over prior, but you have hot and cold going to a dishwasher?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This was glossed over prior, but you have hot and cold going to a dishwasher?
    Nope, I should have clarified that. I just replaced the cold water valve since I was working in there under the sink.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Speaking of drain issues, I recently put in a couple of ShowerShrooms and have been impressed with how much hair they collect.
    https://www.tubshroom.com/
    Expensive for what they are, but my last major drain clog turned out to be mostly hair. If these prevent another one they’re a bargain.
    My wife sheds like a St. Bernard. I started threatening to start hanging my shower drain "trophies" on the wall. She went and got one of those tubshrooms as well.

As for wives involved in hobbies.. my wife has hobbies, I have hobbies. I'm quite glad she's not involved in mine.

User Tag List