Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishwasher issue

Dishwasher issue

Relatively brand new washer. It’s been shutting off due to lack of hot water. I’ve got plenty of hot water to the sink that it is hooked up to, so I’m thinking the water shutoff valve? I’m successfully running a cycle with cold water with no issues.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Do you actually have cold water line hooked up to the dishwasher?
    Normally it's only a hot line.

You installed it?
    Did it ever work correctly or is this a problem you're just noticing?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Thinking about it.... I've installed a handful of dishwashers and have never hooked up more than 1 water line.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

What brand? Is your supply line one of those that has a check valve in case of leaks or a burst line?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

LL,

Check if shutoff is fully open, undo supply line on washer side if you suspect it is the shutoff and spray in a bucket. Water will come out with force so take appropriate steps. Shutoffs usually don’t fail in a partial position. I assume it it probably a braided supply line, check if it is kinked. Sometimes if they are too long they can coil up and when you push the machine back under the countertop it can kink/pinch the line.

Second, look up your model online and get the troubleshooting checklist. Usually newer dishwashers will have diagnostic modes you can put it in and check individual functions of the machine. This will tell you if it is a sensor/electrical/part issue.

Good luck and curious to what may be happening.

I installed it and I figured out the problem, the old stop valve’s gasket came loose and was restricting water flow. One $9 new stop valve later and we are cooking with gas!

That’s the second problem like this I’ve solved in a week, I feel pretty manly right now

The first problem was stopped up pipes (something I’ve fixed before with a Harbor Freight drain cleaner and fixing the sag in some pipes that should not sag). I knew from my past experience manually cleaning these pipes that there was some sort of calcium/whitish mineral type buildup in the pipes from the previous owners of this house so I said Fuck It and bought two gallons of Zep CLR from my Lowes, poured it down the drain, and voila!, problem solved.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s the second problem like this I’ve solved in a week, I feel pretty manly right now
    We're all proud of you, man!

But more importantly, does it earn you any bonus points with the better half?

When I told my wife we saved at least $5k me installing our new split-ductless A/C system this summer, I said I'd like about $1k to spend on my gun hobby. All that earned me was a "yeah, sure" look.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    When I told my wife we saved at least $5k me installing our new split-ductless A/C system this summer, I said I'd like about $1k to spend on my gun hobby. All that earned me was a "yeah, sure" look.
    How long have you guys been doing the wife thing? If you want unlimited money for guns you need to get your wife involved.

My wife has never really squawked about my firearms purchases, but never much enthusiasm. Then I got her involved in the indoor GSSF shoots, which improved things in terms of enthusiasm. My stroke of evil genius, though, was to bring her to the range the day after our clubs 'outlaw' PCC match. One of the metal arrays was left up and I let her shoot through it a couple times with my PCC, then I said okay this is for time and had her shoot through it again. Opened up practiscore on the phone and said 'look you beat a couple people.' On the way home she said 'you're going to build me one of these, right?' I put one together for her, spent about a grand if you include the optic and parts I already had on hand.

The next match took place before her barrel got here, so we shared mine. The group I shoot PCC with are good guys, and made her feel welcome. She was apprehensive, but enjoyed it. From that point on it has been 'do we need.....?'

She was a deputy prior to taking the job as my wife (LOL) not particularly a gun person, though. I have a funny feeling I may have created a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    How long have you guys been doing the wife thing? If you want unlimited money for guns you need to get your wife involved.
    I've tried and tried, starting over 40 years ago. Try as I might, to this day neither my wife nor any of our three children have interest. My son in-law is interested but since they live in NY, it's rather restricted. I truly wish this was not the case...

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List