Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attempted assassination of Seattle PD officer by fire on video

Attempted assassination of Seattle PD officer by fire on video

#RESIST

Student
    Tim Pool's commentary.

I am astounded that the number of resignations in Minneapolis, Portland, and Seattle PD's are still as low as they are. I would have figured at least 30% by now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I am astounded that the number of resignations in Minneapolis, Portland, and Seattle PD's are still as low as they are. I would have figured at least 30% by now.
    My speculation: I'm betting every single officer is making rigid and solid plans on getting out in short order. It may not happen in a few months, but in a year or two I bet these PDs are gonna be virtually empty.

Attempted assassination of Seattle PD officer by fire on video

Last edited by gkieser92; 10-17-2020 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added link

I don't know the exact numbers however, Minneapolis PD is experiencing significant staffing issues due to officers filing disability claims, resigning, and retiring. I've been told certain precincts are running mid shift and night shift with 1/3rd of the officers they had prior to the riots.

It is my understanding from friends who work there that:

Many are using up vacation time right now.

The ones on the downside are trying to ride it out

No new people coming in

Does not fit any local narratives so will not be found in mainstream media sources.

I'm under the impression that some places HAVE seen 30% resignations, in particular Minneapolis.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm under the impression that some places HAVE seen 30% resignations, in particular Minneapolis.
    Baltimore led the way years ago.
    #RESIST

When I retired, from a big-city PD, in 2018, I could have opted for full-pay phase-down*, which is like being on a long paid vacation, for over two years. I would imagine that plenty of other large police departments might have similar arrangements, so can “show” an inflated number of “active” officers. (Instead, I opted for 4+ years at half-pay, at “retiree” status, no longer a sworn officer, and so receiving my monthly pension.)

*This is unused leave that I could have been using, all along, for 33+ years. It was considered wise to “bank” a year, or two, of leave, for the event of a serious illness or off-the-clock injury.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List