Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 98 Combat (9x21) - my latest edition

the FAQ on the Beretta Forum I contributed to and some of the pics are mine.

All Combat and Stock variants were made in Italy. All hit the USA before going to other markets. My new/unfired 92 Combat was Australian market and re-imported to the US ca. 2014 or so by a third party. The 98 Combat came recently to the USA via a third party importer (The Attic / TAI Minot, ND). My second used 92 Combat was also TAI imported recently.

the hammer, sear and trigger blade are SAO sku'ed parts and the "faux" Combat I also have uses them but is a US-made normal 92 frame with converted 92D Brig slide.

There are several varations to the Combat over time. Check the pics in that FAQ post where my pics document them. Some have pre-travel and overtravel screws in the frame while some have an overtravel screw in the trigger blade itself. Also, checkering can vary as can the degree of the undercut and length of the beavertail.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I got one of the 92x d models that dropped recently and would love to have it get the rdo treatment. I'd try the coming pmm comp as well. It didn't sound promising as something coming even remotely in the future though( the rdo cut for d slides)
    AFAIK LTT will RDO cut the 92X D slides because they're Vertec-pattern. I could be wrong, but it couldn't hurt to ping them and verify.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    AFAIK LTT will RDO cut the 92X D slides because they're Vertec-pattern. I could be wrong, but it couldn't hurt to ping them and verify.
    From the 92dx thread

Name:  Screenshot_20201017-194015_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  40.0 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    the FAQ on the Beretta Forum I contributed to and some of the pics are mine.

All Combat and Stock variants were made in Italy. All hit the USA before going to other markets. My new/unfired 92 Combat was Australian market and re-imported to the US ca. 2014 or so by a third party. The 98 Combat came recently to the USA via a third party importer (The Attic / TAI Minot, ND). My second used 92 Combat was also TAI imported recently.

the hammer, sear and trigger blade are SAO sku'ed parts and the "faux" Combat I also have uses them but is a US-made normal 92 frame with converted 92D Brig slide.

There are several varations to the Combat over time. Check the pics in that FAQ post where my pics document them. Some have pre-travel and overtravel screws in the frame while some have an overtravel screw in the trigger blade itself. Also, checkering can vary as can the degree of the undercut and length of the beavertail.
    I really appreciate the input, and also your contribution to FAQ on Beretta Forum. These pistols are all over Italy for 600-850 Euros, so it's been tempting to try to import some. Overall I think it would be cheaper than buying on the US market.

I also really appreciate the info that the Stock is basically the same pistol.

Finally, I like the idea of changing over a 92D to SAO with new parts. 1) Are they in stock at Beretta? 2) Who did the milling work to add the thumb safety to the frame?

Brownells or MGW...Beretta no longer has any parts for these. Brignoli in Italy if you can't find what you need here. THe faux combat I have came to me complete, in trade. I think Josh @ AAGW did the frame safety conversion work but would have to double check.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

User Tag List