Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The $16 hat that made Carhartt fashionable

I have a Carhartt jacket that is starting to wear pretty bad at the seams around the wrists and it only gets worn on the occasional weekend in the winter. It was purchased for $40 on the clearance rack at a small store so I don't feel like I'm out a lot of money but I'd be unhappy if I had paid full price. Makes me wonder if it is a knockoff.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    That kind of conspicuous branding will make me want to NOT buy a piece of clothing. If I do end up with something like that, I’ll cut the label off. I don’t like being a billboard.

That’s a $6 hat with a $10 label.
    I cut the label off of my t-shirts because I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. ETA: that should be 'sorry to see I'm not the only one.'

Other than that, though, I'm pretty happy with my other Carhart gear - the traditional hooded jacket, insulated bibbers, insulated coveralls, insulated vests and the occassional tee-shirt.

I've got some Berne gear that is less expensive, and probably not as durable. I wear one of their chore coats when riding in coldish weather, and when I role out my A@ flight jacket, I generally have a Berne vest under it for warmth, because, leather may cut wind but it don't insulate much.
    Now it sucks that I have to find a new brand of jeans. I can't afford the real high dollar stuff like Duluth.

I could count on a pair of Carhartts lasting me several years for around $35. I bought a new pair last year and only wore them a few times before the back pocket corners started ripping loose.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've never been a Carhartt fan. Their pant's never fit me right and I blew crotches out like Ford Explorers blew tires. Their coats never fit me either. I could buy Dickies at half the price and they fit fine. Once Duluth came around I've been a firehose pant guy. Plus, they warranty their pants for blow outs. The few pairs I've managed to damage they've replaced. Lately I've been on a USA made Diamond Gusset kick.

In my world, I don't wear cotton jackets when it's cold out. I have a variety of go-to jackets for cold weather, based on layering and temperature, but none are cotton.
    Yup, #CottonKills
    #RESIST

Well, at least they got it on the market quicker than @BehindBlueI's rustled us up some PF caps... <cough>
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    That kind of conspicuous branding will make me want to NOT buy a piece of clothing. If I do end up with something like that, I’ll cut the label off. I don’t like being a billboard.

That’s a $6 hat with a $10 label.
    I used to live in Cabela's wind jackets, then they started embroidering Cabela's on them - no more. My wife, trying to be a good gal bought me a bunch of Cabela's shirts on sale, same thing. I do wear those to the range quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Now it sucks that I have to find a new brand of jeans. I can't afford the real high dollar stuff like Duluth.

I could count on a pair of Carhartts lasting me several years for around $35. I bought a new pair last year and only wore them a few times before the back pocket corners started ripping loose.
    I have a couple pair of Wrangler/Riggs Workwear technician pants that I wear quite a bit. They are close to seven years old, the ones I wear the most are green, they've faded out more than any pair of PG-107's I ever wore, and are still hanging in there. They allegedly make them in grey, but I've never seen them in the wild, I have a pair of khaki's - very light tan, almost white, as well as the OD green.

Try Sierra Trading post.

A few years ago I was staying in Zurich, in the old part of town. I look out my hotel window and I see of all things a Carhartt store. “These don’t look like the kind of folks that wear duck field coats.” I go in and I was right....it was full of Euro trash style skinny jeans with matching skinny shirts. Same Carhartt logo and all. Strange.

I wore Carhartt frequently growing up. About the only time I wear it now is if it is super cold, windy, and I will be sitting on the tractor. Otherwise I start sweating just looking at it.

Thankfully there are much better options today.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My Carhartt jacket still has coyote blood on it, uber fashionable.
    Years ago when I bought my bibs I was embarrassed to show up in them deer hunting because they were not in tatters like the experienced guys. Now I need to watch my weight so I do not outgrow the ones that have enough miles to not be ashamed of them.

I have a bunch of these shirts that I wear to the range and on weekends. Like them a lot.

https://www.carhartt.com/products/Ru...k-Shirt-103555

User Tag List