Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 394: Ten Round Assault Course

Week 394: Ten Round Assault Course

Week 394: Ten Round Assault Course

Results may be posted until November 16th, 2020.

Range: 25, 15, 7, and closing
    Target: NRA B8 Replacement center - download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start position: from concealment or a duty/retention holster
    Rounds fired: 10

Target is a standard NRA B8 bullseye replacement center. Scoring is for actual points so a 10-ring hit is worth a lot more than peripherals.

Start from the holster at 25yd. On the buzzer, draw and fire two rounds (2). Advance to the 15yd line keeping gun safely in control, fire two (2) rounds. Advance to the 7yd line keeping gun safely in control, fire three (3) rounds. Fire three (3) more rounds while advancing forward from the 7yd line.

Score is simply listed as points and time. 80 points in 20 seconds is recommended as a passing score.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and holster used
    Points & total time
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Beretta 92DXR with lok veloce grips, 12lb hammer spring and chrome silicone trs with a tlr-1 attached
    Phlster floodlight
    Concealed under a zip front sweater and t shirt

94 points in 18.95

I am really enjoying this gun right now. So much fun to shoot. Felt very solid and predictable, the trigger is easily managed, and i can trap the hammer to holster. Even the crooked front sight doesn't bother me anymore. Held slightly low for the 115 ae at the 25. Happy with this run.

Name:  20201018_094637.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  23.7 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Barely had time for this at the very end of my session. Glad I squeezed it in: 99 in 26.03. I could easily shave a few seconds by stepping off more explosively, and especially moving off faster from the 7.

You have to look hard for the 10th shot, but it’s in there:

Name:  375703C4-921B-45EB-9A5F-CB3202098165.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  31.9 KB

Pistol and holster used - Glock G45 MOS with RMR and PMM Barrel/Comp
    Points & total time - 93 points in 14.39 Seconds
    Anything you noticed - Ran this once, had to talk myself through the stages and took a second to start moving after the three rounds at 7 yards. I feel I could get sub 12 seconds on this with 90+ points.

I ran this a few times this evening. Glock 19, Comp Tac paddle holster, concealed under an unbuttoned flannel shirt.

Cold, first run: 68 points in 17.97. I had 2 shots off the B8 but close.
    85 points in 18.17. Still had one off.
    80 points in 19.75. Still one off.

I ran it a couple times each with a CZ75 and a LTT Elite from low ready. Similar scores.

Ran it once with a S&W M&P 22 Compact from low ready. 89 points in 19.50.

Nice drill. I haven't been shooting a lot of handgun lately so I was reasonably happy with my scores.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Pistol and holster used - Glock G45 MOS with RMR and PMM Barrel/Comp
    Points & total time - 93 points in 14.39 Seconds
    Anything you noticed - Ran this once, had to talk myself through the stages and took a second to start moving after the three rounds at 7 yards. I feel I could get sub 12 seconds on this with 90+ points.
    I forgot to list the holster, I was using a Dale Fricke Gideon with an open front flannel shirt as a concealment garment.

In the spirit of not getting it even fucking close, I went ahead and modified this into a six round course of fire the last time I was at the range shooting my Speed Six. I of course didn't have any B-8's, so I just used an IDPA target, started from either a low or high ready (I did several reps of this), and keeping the timer in my jacket pocket didn't work worth a damn so I did it basically untimed (tried to shoot it like I was on the clock though). And of course I used meters, not yards. Oh well, it was fun and challenging as it was. The sights on the Speed Six aren't really optimal for low light and it being dark by the time I did this drill, I'm sure the times would have been embarrassing anyway... (The range does have illumination for after dusk use, but it's kind of weak. You can see the range area, you can mostly see the targets unless there's something throwing a shadow on them, but depending on your sights seeing those can get pretty iffy. So I tried both taking my time and finding my sights, which could be a bit slow, and shooting one-handed with a light in my other hand, which didn't turn out so well at the longer ranges.)

So I really don't have any results to share, but wanted to let Mr_White know that posting this course of fire was still appreciated. And I did feel like I learned something from it. (I nothing else, that shooting a short barreled revolver at a 25 meter target, in the dark, without night sights, is a tad more difficult than using a 9mm pistol with tritium front sight and a weapon mounted light.)

I think I'll be using some modification of this course of fire during future range trips, as well.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    In the spirit of not getting it even fucking close, I went ahead and modified this into a six round course of fire the last time I was at the range shooting my Speed Six.

I think I'll be using some modification of this course of fire during future range trips, as well.
    I have considered doing this with a revolver. Being the competition Gamer that I am, I was going to shoot at 25 and 15, then dump rounds on the ground and do a reload on the way to the 7 yard marker with enough rounds left over to move forward while shooting.

I ran this with my Gen 4 G-17 the other day. Name:  IMG_5626.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  55.6 KB 86 points in 18.53.

92dxr with lok grips and 12 lb hammer spring
    phlster floodlight
    under a tshirt and hooded sweater

Total score - 90
    Total time - 15.91

I pushed a bit harder today. Forward movement and coming into a shooting position could use some work. Shooting partner said I started moving prior to the 3rd shot at 7 so it doesn't count. I had it in my head to move as soon as the last shot broke and must've jumped off a bit early.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I took a couple of safe queen revolvers to the range to see if they still worked. Because, you know, we're living in interesting times.

I noticed I still had the distance marks up, so I decided to run this drill. I was using some old, much shot and taped B-8s. It was hard to see the lines to score. These are my old moon clip IDPA/USPSA revolvers. I started at low ready with both because I didn't have a holster on. I shot 2 shots at 25, 2 at 15 and dumped rounds and reloaded on my way to 7.

First: 25-2 .45 ACP. 21.25 seconds with either 95 or 86 points. I couldn't tell of that high right shot was a double or not.

Second: 25-2 .45 ACP. 20.02 seconds with either 91 if that shot in the very top counts as a 6 or 85 points if it is a miss.

Last 686 38. 20.22 seconds with 93 points.

All shots were double action because that's the way they should be shot.

Name:  IMG_5650.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  30.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_5651.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_5652.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  27.2 KB

User Tag List