Thread: The new form 1 suppressor kits

The new form 1 suppressor kits

There is a company called Quitebore that made "solvent traps" and recently attracted the attention of the ATF. It would appear that some of its kits "modified" into suppressors and the people that did the modifications were selling them. Here is a letter sent out by Quietbore.

We appreciate everyones patients (sic) as we took our kits offline to catch with the mountain of orders to reset and finish up some new products.

we are working with the ATF regarding our current product lines.

We had a couple customers do some not good things that put our products in the spot light with the ATF. The parts recovered were illegally modified (no approved forms) with intent to also sell them illegally.

There is a reason we try to educate everyone to do the proper paperwork in the form 1 community. Failure to do so can have large legal repercussion on your life.

We are a licensed FFL and SOT and have a professional dialog regarding our product line with the ATF. This will take a while to resolve to get our full kits and internals back online.

NOTE: No customer data has or will be released to the ATF, privacy of your information is our utmost priority.
    Qutiebore stopped selling its products while working with the ATF. A few days ago QB announced it was back in business.

https://www.quietbore.com/2020/10/14...eid=da09f48124

Thanks for sticking with us through this unprecedented time and supporting our company! We wanted to give you an update on everything, specifically our change in business model. Quietbore is now officially selling Form 1 kits.
    As some may know Quietbore is a subsidiary of Creative Arms LLC. a 07/02 firearms and suppressor manufacturer. We strive to produce high quality, affordable products made in the U.S.A. For more information on our company and firearms please visit www.creativearms.com
    What is a form 1 kit?

It is the materials needed to construct your own suppressor. These are not suppressor parts, they are pre-machined (unfinished) components that allow you to build your own suppressor at home.
    All kits and some components will require an approved Form 1 before product can be shipped. All kits will be laser marked with NFA engravings matching the approved Form 1 and kits only ship to the address on the approved Form 1.
    Why all this paperwork and fuss? Because there is no gray area. You have already been approved and vetted by the ATF and FBI and you intend to build a suppressor and need materials to construct it.
    I think the ATF has been trying for some time to figure out how to get control of the "solvent trap" issue and this may be how they do it.
    Instead of the "nod nod wink wink" here is your "solvent trap" you could now have a situation of show me your stamp, here is your kit.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Well this sucks. I had planned on buying several of their kits and building them as finances allowed. I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. The whole parts are parts and it’s not soup until you assemble it made sense legally. It sounds like they were pressured by the ATF to make these changes.
    As in if you do it this way We won’t be coming back every week to inspect you. I really wish they would drop suppressors , SBRs and SBSs from the NFA

I wish they would too but I suspect more Solvent Trap companies will are going to go this way.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Well this sucks. I had planned on buying several of their kits and building them as finances allowed. I don’t understand the reasoning behind it. The whole parts are parts and it’s not soup until you assemble it made sense legally. It sounds like they were pressured by the ATF to make these changes.
    As in if you do it this way We won’t be coming back every week to inspect you. I really wish they would drop suppressors , SBRs and SBSs from the NFA
    The problem is in the federal definition of "firearm silencer" or "firearm muffler." The definition includes "any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication." Those things are legally no different that a completed, functional silencer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    As JoshS said, the "is it soup yet" theory doesn't work with suppressors.

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(24)

The term “Firearm Silencer” or “Firearm Muffler” means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for the use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearm...d%20only%20for

That's why the "solvent trap" / "Fuel Filter" euphemisms are a thing.

It's a rare Form1 suppressor that equals the quality of factory suppressors. If funds are an issue, buy once, cry once.

User Tag List