Thread: HK USPT 45 & HK45CT , Best Supressors ?

HK USPT 45 & HK45CT , Best Supressors ?

What would be the best suppressor to use mainly on a HK USPT 45 and secondarily on a HK45CT.

What are the trade offs ?

Also is it effective to get different adapters and run the same suppressors on USPT 9mm and P30s ?

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    There's a bewildering number of options on the market now, and being that this is an NFA topic, perhaps @Tom_Jones can move it into the NFA section for you.

I've shot a USP45T with an AAC TiRant and a fullsize HK45T with a Silencerco Osprey 45. I really enjoyed both of them, and had no issues putting hundreds of rounds through each in those respective sessions. I felt like the Osprey 45 offered a lot in the "put it on everything" category because it didn't require suppressor-height sights on the host weapon for a traditional sight picture. Given that you've got the Tactical models of both HK's in question, I suppose that's not as much of a factor, and @Hansohn Brothers would have much better advice and options for you.

Consdering the HK's LH thread, this topic was worth considering:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....dular-Silencer

Having played with running larger cans on smaller caliber handguns before, it is effective but it's not as effective as a dedicated can for that caliber.
    Considering the modest expense of an adapter in the appropriate thread vs buying a dedicated can, it's worth the money to see if you like it enough to use it like that.
    Personally, on my future suppressor purchases I'm buying the suppressor that best matches the intended host, with the intent to keep it on that host, instead of making it into a 'one size fits all' compromise. The exception being .22LR suppressors, which in my experience are universally awesome on any .22LR that can take one.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    There's a bewildering number of options on the market now...
    Personally, on my future suppressor purchases I'm buying the suppressor that best matches the intended host, with the intent to keep it on that host, instead of making it into a 'one size fits all' compromise. The exception being .22LR suppressors, which in my experience are universally awesome on any .22LR that can take one.
    The main sellers I’ve found in regards to handgun silencers are the AAC TiRant-M, Dead Air Ghost and Odessa and the Rugged Obsidian. By far, the Rugged Obsidians present the best overall value. However, the Dead Air Ghost is very competitive with the current promotion. Buy any Dead Air silencer and you can add a Ghost for $399. The extra pistons and 3 lug adapters are available and reasonably priced for the Dead Air and Rugged. The TiRant 9M works well and comes with both 1/2x28 and 13.5LH pistons.

With all that said, the .45 silencer I would pick now is the Dead Air Ghost. Excellent price (contact me for best price), good customer support and it has a good amount of suppression. For .45, the wipe doesn’t do much so I wouldn’t let that be a deciding factor. The Obsidian 45 would be my next choice.

Site Supporter

Late to the party but Thanks for all the great info!

Thanks to all who’ve provided great info. As a recent Marine retiree, I’m now in a free state and ready to start buying cans. We’ll see what’s available but I’ve got a Rugged Obsidian and Dead Air Ghost M that I’ve been eyeballin for a minute. Not sure if the left handed threads are an issue but I’ll probably order Jarvis barrels in .578x28. Thanks again and apologies for the necropost.

User Tag List