Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery Life and Battery Type

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just pulled the Renata 1632 out of my wife’s 507K on her 365XL. Battery tester says near zero percent, so we changed it. Both of us have been using circle dot for EDC, and these K optics only have manual, no auto, so I am thinking the combination of manual and circle dot is sucking power.
    Any update on the 1632's. I'm going to make an order soon, so might as well buy the most effective batteries available.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

To start by directly answering your question, I don’t have any comparative data on 1632 batteries, so I can only go by what I know so far with 2032s and with that, I’d go Duracell.

I have several optics that take 1632 batteries ( couple 509Ts, a 507C, and a 507K) but since they’re not identical, I can’t do a valid test. I’ve been meaning to reach out to manufacturers to see if they’d supply multiple T&E optics for the sole purpose of a battery-life test (no mounting or shooting) but that’s not within the normal T&E realm, so I’m not sure how excited companies would be. Add to that I’ve been really busy with creating this huge report on what has already been done with our optic program and this would not be able to be included until a revision so it’s been pushed back. I’m on vacation this week so maybe I’ll take a bit of that time and reach out.

In other news... There’s one sole Duracell still alive at 243 days. (Two thirds of a year). The other two that were still going died at 218 and 233 days. I used four of the optics to test two Panasonic and two Renata 2032 batteries. They have been installed for nine days so no interesting news there yet.

The last Duracell is still alive at 298 days. The Renata batteries are at 64 days. One of the Renatas is as dim as the Duracell and one is brighter. I’m impressed with the Renatas so far and the Duracell soldiers on…

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I’m not sure... I asked one of my Marine partners and he tried to eat a battery to compare so I gave up on that avenue of pseudo-scientific exploration. (Haha)

That said, two bitter Duracells (from Costco) are in two Aimpoints to compare.

Overall, I’m pretty impressed with the Aimpoints on max with the Duracells.

When we tested the Trijicon SRO it lasted something like 21 days (I’ll have to look it up and check for sure) in locked in max with the factory Energizer battery. That’s comparable to what we saw with the Aimpoints. My Glock’s SRO with factory battery was installed on July 14 and died on Sept 10. Duracell was installed on that day and is still running so we can see how long that goes as well.
    Any update on how long the Duracell battery lasted. I’m having the same issues

User Tag List