Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Hunter's emails

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Are you really dismissing Bobulinski? How convenient for your position, deny the evidence. Why hasn't Biden declared any of the emails as fake?

Are you really blaming Trump for COVID? That is propaganda at its best.
    Yeah, ol’ ZW is basically a ShareBlue/Dem bot at this point. Don’t expect his posts to make sense.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Hollow claims hardly make for effective policy. If he's fooling anyone it's because they want to be fooled. No amount of reason or logic will sway such minds.

.)
    Unfortunately the number of people this statement describes is scary.

Trump is not perfect. The best thing I can say about his first debate performance is that it provided a perfect example for my kids showing why politeness is important. Despite this, he has been the best president in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    You know, one of the handful of upsides to a Biden victory will be seeing what they'd ACTUALLY do differently.

My guess is they wouldn't do much differently - obviously if they had a plan we'd have heard it by now - and any change in the casualty rate will just be the result of spring weather and, possibly, a vaccine if it's available by then. But it doesn't strike me that most of the orders issued on this whole thing have been at the federal level; it seems more like Canada where provincial/state level authorities handle most of the public health stuff.
    It's a bit like hurricane Katrina and the federal response to that. That was a real jaw dropper.

https://www.cato.org/blog/hurricane-...deral-failures

I think covid is another good example why a person shouldn't rely on the fed for an emergency response to anything civil regardless of who the president is. States have epidemiologists just like the fed does and governors are in a better position to make determinations for their own situations. The only response I see necessary from the fed is relief funds. They can't even get that right in some cases.

If you read many of my posts you might get the idea that I'm not a yuge fan of the federal gov't.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They loved him when he started hating Trump and then really fell head over heels when he croaked.

He stole a lot of Trumps thunder. That has to be worth something to MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's a bit like hurricane Katrina and the federal response to that. That was a real jaw dropper.

https://www.cato.org/blog/hurricane-...deral-failures

I think covid is another good example why a person shouldn't rely on the fed for an emergency response to anything civil regardless of who the president is. States have epidemiologists just like the fed does and governors are in a better position to make determinations for their own situations. The only response I see necessary from the fed is relief funds. They can't even get that right in some cases.

If you read many of my posts you might get the idea that I'm not a yuge fan of the federal gov't.
    Which brings up another issue- Biden is basically saying they'll use Covid as a way to force more Fed control over the states.
    It won't stop at just Covid however.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I was originally going to include a comment about how the fact that nobody else would have managed it any better wouldn't make a difference to the media, but I thought that would go without saying.

But apparently it doesn't.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I see no upside. Just b.s. and revisionist history.

@BillSWPA hit the nail on the head. Biden talks a good game, well, actually he doesn't... claims that he would have addressed the pandemic with more effective tactics, policies and medical / pharmaceutical intervention...and yet when it comes to actually laying it out for the American people...crickets. This doddering old windbag is not going to be mixing up any panaceas in his basement laboratory.
    "If I were running, I’d know what the plan is." - Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    The alarm bells were howling for a lot of us prior to the dems coming to the conclusion that the worst possible candidate was their best idea, and one they'd repeat in the next cycle.

Mondale was the last idiot to run on, "I'll raise your taxes." "My son's a connected crack-head" + "I'll raise your taxes..."? Next level compromise countered by... TDS.
    It's a fascinating election for sure. Actually even better than the last one considering the entertainment value. Lots of people don't understand how Biden could possibly get elected. A doddering old man who wants to raise taxes and is probably suffering from the early stages of dementia, with a crack head son who used his dads influence to make millions of dollars, being propped up by millions of campaign dollars and the media. In a few more months I'm not sure Joe will remember what he said during the campaign or what his position was on just about any issue you want to name. Yet here he is the front runner in the polls.

I think national politics has just hit the level of pro wrestling. How can anyone take this election seriously?

Check out the movie The Wrestler with Micky Rourke. It's a lot like national politics these days.

Beyond the possibility of using his office for personal gain, there is another huge issue with former VP Biden. He does not have the necessary faculties needed to hold the office of POTUS. So any vote for former VP Biden is really a vote for either a shadow President or President Harris. And Senator Harris has not been through the grueling public examination of her past and her character that a party's nominee for POTUS endures, so the American people would be getting an unknown as POTUS.

Anyone who has been on this board for more than four years knows I am no fan of President Trump. His litany of issues need not be repeated. But he has my vote on Tuesday. Not because of what he is or is not but because he is the known devil and because the Senate will likely be blue in 2021. Whenever either party holds both houses of Congress and the Presidency, the nation, as a whole suffers. Since the Senate is likely lost, POTUS has to hold the line for four more years.

During the last debate, Biden tried to pretend that all his donors were little guys.

And like most of his debate answers, it's pure malarkey.

Joe Biden has finally disclosed who is raising him big money just days before Election Day

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden finally disclosed the roster of his biggest fundraisers on Saturday, unveiling the names of the 820 people who have helped him build a big-money juggernaut.

The list includes Biden surrogates like former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA); Hollywood filmmakers like Lee Daniels and Jeffrey Katzenberg; Silicon Valley billionaires like Reid Hoffman and Ron Conway. The campaign did not specify how much these individuals raised for Biden beyond that it was more than $100,000.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List