Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter's emails

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would expect anyone with legitimate business in a country to pay taxes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would also. We'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure the FBI director wants to say something like that this close to an election. All of these investigations are on going. What if Trump gets reelected and he calls you into his office and asks who you voted for. What do you say? You better not say Biden cause there goes your pension.
    Is this a Mandela effect thing or did Donald Trump not get impeached at the beginning of this year over trying to get this investigated?
    Seems like that would have been the time to mention it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Is this a Mandela effect thing or did Donald Trump not get impeached at the beginning of this year over trying to get this investigated?
    Yes.

In a criminal prosecution, failing to disclose evidence favorable to a defendant is prosecutorial misconduct. Although the impeachment context may be different, the principle should be the same.

Site Supporter
    It appears that the latest lamestream media attempt to spin the Hunter Biden story favorably is to say that Trump had (legitimate business) dealings in China, which are of course not morally different from Biden's (at best highly questionable and at worst outright bribery from a hostile country) dealings in China.

The lamestream media is getting more pathetic by the day.

Site Supporter
    It's probably up to the DOJ to put forth something that would incriminate the Biden crime syndicate now. Many of those GOP senators are riding the Trump ghost train.

Evidently Trump has been paying taxes in China.

The plot thickens.
    Has Hunter paid taxes to Russia, Ukraine and China for the incomes he's received for his "work" there?

I'd bet no.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I didn't follow the impeachment because I knew where that was going. I believe Trumps impeachment was over his involvement with trying to coerce the Ukrainian Gov't to investigate a political rival. As you say nothing became of it as will this new DOJ investigation of Hunters emails. There just isn't anything there or at least not enough to cause the DOJ to indict anyone. It's all political leveraging by each party to convince voters that the other party is doing something underhanded and illegal. All for show at the tax payers expense.

Most voters probably won't be swayed. The election will come down to the economy, health care, supreme court appointments, covid, violent crime, foreign policy and gun policy in that order according to pew research. Nobody cares about a phone call Trump made or how much crack Hunter Biden smoked. That isn't something you worry about if you don't have a job or health insurance.

If investigating political rivals is cool now, are we saying that Obama investigating corrupt Trump campaign officials was also cool?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Has Hunter paid taxes to Russia, Ukraine and China for the incomes he's received for his "work" there?

I'd bet no.
    I don't know. Sounds like he uses the underground economy for most of his income. I wasn't aware that he was running for any political office in the US. His standards may be a little lower.

Site Supporter
    I don't know. Sounds like he uses the underground economy for most of his income. I wasn't aware that he was running for any political office in the US. His standards may be a little lower.
    He's holding 10% (in one deal) for dad, so, if Hunter didn't pay taxes, neither did dad.

ETA: I was really intending to reinforce the idea that it should be standard practice to pay taxes in many of the foreign locations where one earns income.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    If investigating political rivals is cool now, are we saying that Obama investigating corrupt Trump campaign officials was also cool?
    What is cool is legitimate investigation of criminal activity regardless of who is being investigated,and not using criminal investigations to keep honest people out of power.

Trump spent 3 years of his presidency defending against accusations that even the accusers didn't believe. Brett Kavanaugh had to defend against fabricated accusations from people who could not even remember whether they were in the same place at the same time.

Comparing any of the investigations of Trump with investigating the Bidens is simply neither an accurate nor a fair comparison.

User Tag List