Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter's emails

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...irearms-first/

Trump is not pro 2nd A. He just has not thrown us under the bus yet. He has done nothing to help 2nd A rights.
    I can name 3.

Gorsuch
    Kavanaugh
    Coney Barrett
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh for god’s sakes. The Post article has an image of the the FBI subpoena for the laptop. Are you just a shill, willfully uninformed, or “yes”?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-...iz-man-to-dad/
    Please show me where on this subpoena it mentions a laptop, Hunter Biden, or anything that shows it's not just a picture of a subpoena?

Name:  Subpoena-GrandJury-redacted.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  27.8 KB

It's literally just a picture of a subpoena, with an assertive caption below it.

I'm so confused now because I have no affiliation to either party. I have a safe full of guns and Hispanic relatives who were in this country illegally. I really need to sort this out.

I voted for Perot in 92 and Obama in 2008 before he signed legislation to allow gun owners to carry weapons in national parks and in baggage on Amtrak. I voted for a Romney in 2012.

Should I turn in my P-F card?

Just kidding.

https://youtu.be/w7M3EEHYkJ0
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Is now the time to point out that the CA mag capacity ruling currently headed for en banc review wouldn’t be a thing without a Trump appointee?

And this post, coming from an acknowledged socially left-leaning artist/academic type. Trump has grown on me over the last 4, grudgingly, largely due to #1, judges; mostly doing what he said he’d do and #2, that sig line here about him loving his country and strippers. Add in LE and .mil service members, and I’m personally cool voting for the fat spoiled kid who treats the people protecting him with a modicum of dignity.

With the unholy 1.5-person chimera that is Harris/Biden on the ballot, the only choices are: a clothespin vote for Trump, a happy vote for Trump, or writing in Blues, on the strength of his even-handed, pro-republic posts.

If one wishes to stay a registered member of the Democratic Party and work on the ground to repair the machine so it stops spitting out Clintons, Bidens, and Harrises—often against the wishes of the constituent members, then that’s great. But voting D on this is, again, like cooing “good doggie” each time your puppy shits in the living room and expecting it to stop. There is a solid argument to be made that anyone who cares about the D party has a moral obligation to vote against the choices being shoved down Mr and Mrs America’s throats by the DNC, lest the nominations continue. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Please show me where on this subpoena it mentions a laptop, Hunter Biden, or anything that shows it's not just a picture of a subpoena?

Name:  Subpoena-GrandJury-redacted.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  27.8 KB

It's literally just a picture of a subpoena, with an assertive caption below it.
    The second page of the subpoena (Attachment A) lists the computer and hard drive along with serial numbers. The third page is a signed receipt to Hunter Biden for the repair work.

This could all be cleared up very quickly if the Biden’s simply went on the record to deny the existence of the computer or emails, and state that the signature is a forgery.

Then again, perhaps we should all prepare for the very real possibility that the laptop and content are real, and the release was at least facilitated by foreign actors.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I'm really amused by democrats on a gun board.

They must only see this as a hobby activity like golf or macrame. Or perhaps they think other issues are more important than the 2A. You know, like

systemic racism or climate change.

I know a lot suffer from TDS, bigly. And they would rather see our cities burn and Nancy Pelosi picking which bitter clinger to drop a Hellfire missile on in

flyover country.

Because Orange Man Bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Since I feel personally called out (by the first bit, not your strawman in the rest of the post), I can offer perspective if you want it?

The 2nd Amendment is incredibly important, because it is a safeguard for our rights. It's so important, our founders made it the second one they wrote down... right after the first, an amendment, the one that is core to the functioning of our government and the protection of our freedoms. In fact, I look at the second as an extension of the first - in a way, I think you could re-state the second as "we really mean it when we say we don't want anything to prevent the people from assembling or petitioning the government to redress their grievances."

All that said, climate change is an existential threat to our country, and humanity as a whole. As world leaders and a titan of science and industry, why should our country not be one of the leading voices leading the charge to keep our planet habitable for our descendants? Perhaps I have been misinterpreting this statement "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America..." It may or may not be an issue for me, and possibly not for my offspring (although we are starting to see the impacts already), but it's going to be a dominant driving factor in the very near future. This is not a position that is really up for debate, outside of short term political posturing - I am not just talking the environmental science either, if you are involved in planning or analysis of national security or geopolitics issues, climate change is the driving underlying factor of many of our national security threats and anticipated future conflicts.

Systemic racism? I hesitate to say that any issue is more important than any other, but I grew up saying "one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" every morning, and I take the opening of the declaration at face value: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..." Sure, I am not a huge fan of being told that as a white dude, I am personally responsible for all the ills of this world, and I have seldom experienced a productive discussion in which someone mentioned "privilege." That said, racism, and our country has it in spades, is such an antithesis of what our countries ideals stand for, that I am having trouble with the idea that there are patriotic Americans that are not as upset about it as I am.

I am a rule-of-law kind of person, I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been born in the best country in the world, and I love it deeply. I have made a point of spending much of my professional life serving my country. I am no fan of Nanci Pelosi, nor most of the other democrat politicians in prominent positions. In fact, most of my issues with them are the same ones I have with republican politicians; It is not that I am to the left of everyone politically (don't try to claim I am a communist or some bullshit like that), it is that I expect them to comport themselves as public servants and be guided by the constitution instead of being driven by short term political thinking and self interest. It's an idealists position, which is why my actual voting behavior is significantly more pragmatic, but the tone and substance of my correspondence with my various elected representatives hits on the same points, regardless of which party they belong to. There are few things that I like less than party over country, but I am seeing quite a bit of it right now, and I am personally laying blame where it is appropriate.

So to draw a line under it, anyone who somehow thinks that my more leftist approach to politics is incompatible with my strong support for the second amendment is wrong. If that person compounds the error by implying that I want to see helfires dropped on American cities, or that I somehow fail to love the country that I have put it all on the line for repeatedly, they actually start to piss me off. The only worse thing I can think of, is to imply that politically engaged and passionate Americans categorically hate their country. It's not hate to admit our countries failures and missteps, or to work towards improving them - and that goes for everyone across all political stripes.

At a personal level I think I would probably get along with a vast majority of the people on this board - the exceptions being the folks who feel that I somehow feel the 2nd amendment is a hobby, or that I don't love my country more than literally anything other than my family.
    While I don’t associate myself with the Democrat party, many of my views are also a good bit to the left of many other members here. There are probably quite a few of us that JDD is speaking for here. At the very least, if I had to pick an explanation for my political views from a multiple choice list, I’d have a hard time selecting something other than this post by JDD.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm so confused now because I have no affiliation to either party. I have a safe full of guns and Hispanic relatives who were in this country illegally. I really need to sort this out.

I voted for Perot in 92 and Obama in 2008 before he signed legislation to allow gun owners to carry weapons in national parks and in baggage on Amtrak. I voted for a Romney in 2012.

Should I turn in my P-F card?
    Do you weigh the same as a duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The second page of the subpoena (Attachment A) lists the computer and hard drive along with serial numbers. The third page is a signed receipt to Hunter Biden for the repair work.

This could all be cleared up very quickly if the Biden’s simply went on the record to deny the existence of the computer or emails, and state that the signature is a forgery.

Then again, perhaps we should all prepare for the very real possibility that the laptop and content are real, and the release was at least facilitated by foreign actors.
    Oh shit, I didn't see that the Post had posted those pages... and inferred they intentionally didn't post them. Mea culpa.

Edit: Already covered by Sensei

Where the information was obtained from is not really the issue here. Look at the DNC email leaks from 2016. They were either copied by a disgruntled staffer or accessed remotely. It's more likely they were copied onto a flash drive, but it's possible to make a remote access look like that.
    I was more interested in the evidence of the Dem primary process being subverted. I'm not a Bernie fan but that's a bad precedent to be setting.
    Same here. I think if you get impeached over something the details of it are relevant to the upcoming election.
    It's possible Hunter's iCloud got hacked and the repair shop story is a cover.
    Doesn't really matter to me.
    It really shouldn't be so hard to get across to people that I don't care if it's the Russians. I care if the Russians are right.

User Tag List