Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do if new administration does AWB

What will you do if new administration does AWB

With the election only a week away and the guy leading in the polls saying he will do another AWB, what are your plans. One of his options are registering high cap firearms and magazines through the NFA. I have a problem with this because registration could/can lead to confiscation. What will you do.

Site Supporter
    You would be quite foolish to announce before a proposed law that you would disobey that law. That might hurt you in court.

Of course, one could virtue signal as some folks do when they announce if Trump wins they would move to Canada (oops, border closed).

Attention, on coming Prussian Army - I intend to be a franc-tireur, here's my address, so you can come to my house and burn down my village. Posted on forum sur les pistolets in 1870, Internet français.

Another problem - on p-f, there are various flavors of law enforcement, state, local, federal. They may know who you are personally. Some know me (I've not hidden my ID as I like to talk about my professional things and that would be stupid not to say who I am, sigh.). I don't know if some of them would know a poster in this thread. You put them in a position of knowing a crime is being proposed (if such a law came to be). Now, they may be sympatico, but I would feel uncomfortable doing that to the folks I knew.

Hopefully, the new Justice could be part of a 5/4 court that would void such a law. Note, Roberts is one of the 4.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 10-26-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Vote. Obey the law. Fight for change within the system. Not sure I have any other options.

IDPA and Production becomes popular again on the competition front. Lever actions and shotguns become popular again in the future. Henry and Ruger (bought Marlin) are happy.

Site Supporter
    5 is enough becomes the law of the land.

IDPA with a lever action will be incredibly slow with the current round counts. Also, last time I saw someone use a lever gun in a match, he had hot practiced the stroke and jammed the gun quite a bit. Kind of like pump gun follies.

Revolvers might become more a thing in matches again. I recall reading that Enfields were one of the quickest military bolt actions and had a higher capacity than most. So I predict, tacticool new Engfields with synthetic works and collapsilbe stocks, in SS and rails. Will come in the various cool calibers - 5.56, 6.8, 308, Blackout, etc.

My first suggestion is to not surrender an entire firearm (assuming surrender is the only recourse). If there were no legal way to convert the lower receiver into a manually operated firearm, then save all the other parts for the inevitable wave of legal manually operated lower receivers and conversion parts that will come along to make use of the mountains of functional parts people will have. The Ruger Precision Rifle being one example of a similar looking gun thats not under any restrictions that we know of. There are already a number of manual conversions, some even quite legal in England, which is a notable achievement.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Moved to GD

Take a boat ride?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I don't think anyone wants to label themselves and leave a record for posterity as a scofflaw...so why not just consider the options available and make the prudent choice under the circumstances?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

What Glenn said.

I’d probably pick up a G48/43X and compare my performance to what I can do with a G26. I’d standardize on the winner. Then I’d pick up a Marlin 1894 CST. I’d also take a few more shotgun classes and learn how to run my 1301 effectively, assuming the ban wouldn’t outlaw it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List