Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter's emails

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Was that supposed to address MickAK’s point? Assuming that Trump is a bad manager, what the hell does that have to do with the FBI’s responsibilities.
    I was trying to point out that Trump has no managerial skills. It should be obvious with the number of cabinet posts that he's filled numerous times. Appointing someone like Sessions, Wray or Tillerson to a cabinet post and then driving them out doesn't make a lot of sense.

In any organization, if you have a really bad manager there will probably be some push back from career employees. Not so much in the private sector but it happens in gov't. I know because I've seen it. It's likely that there are career employees in the FBI that are just marking time.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-22-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's possible that even today there may be some in the FBI that are just marking time.
    That would be true of LE at every level across the nation. When one's hands are tied and one is prevented from doing the job they swore an oath to uphold, who wouldn't read the handwriting on the wall and keep glancing at the clock?

(I am not referring to those who chose not to uphold their oaths.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I was trying to point out that Trump has no managerial skills. It should be obvious with the number of cabinet posts that he's filled numerous times. Appointing someone like Sessions, Wray or Tillerson to a cabinet post and then driving them out doesn't make a lot of sense.

In any organization, if you have a really bad manager there will probably be some push back from career employees. Not so much in the private sector but it happens in gov't. I know because I've seen it. It's likely that there are career employees in the FBI that are just marking time.
    Trump's job is not to be a manager. He hires people to manage, based on the best information he has at the time, and expects them to perform. He also expects them to carry out his program. If they don't, they are replaced.

Think of Trump as having a vision of what is best for America and putting people that he believes, at the time, can do what is needed. Going into a position that he has never held before with enemies on all sides trying to destroy him would be almost impossible for anyone. Then you have the MSM, Twitter, etc., trying to destroy you. You have leaks that are twisted enough to cause havoc. I don't know how in the world he has managed to perform as well has he has. And in spite of all the constant adversarial acts, he may be our president for another 4 years.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    And in spite of all the constant adversarial acts, he may be our president for another 4 years.
    Not "..he may be.." Trump is gonna win this election. Prepare for more post election screeching and gnashing of teeth.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    This is interesting from Fox News:
    An email exclusively obtained by Fox News, with the subject line “Phase one domestic contacts/ projects” and dated May 15, 2017, Biden’s brother, Jim Biden, shared a list of “key domestic contacts for phase one target projects.”

The email is unrelated to the laptop or hard drive purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden, the former vice president's son.

The list, included Harris, D-Calif.; Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.; Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.; Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.; Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.; New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo; New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio; former Virginia Gov. Terry McCauliffe, among others.

It is unclear if any of the Democrats were ever contacted about the “target projects.”

The email was sent from Jim to Hunter Biden, Tony Bobulinski, Rob Walker and James Gilliar.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

If an appointee tells POTUS I will run the department in such and such manner and accomplish such and such as the leader of said department and they fail to do or even worse won't do so, POTUS aught to be able to make a change. If it takes multiple hires to get someone who will actually do the job as expected, so be it. I'm not holding cabinet level turnover against him.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    If an appointee tells POTUS I will run the department in such and such manner and accomplish such and such as the leader of said department and they fail to do or even worse won't do so, POTUS aught to be able to make a change. If it takes multiple hires to get someone who will actually do the job as expected, so be it. I'm not holding cabinet level turnover against him.

President Trump’s “A Team” turnover is 91% as of October 7, 2020.

Here's a comparison of other presidents and their turnover. Trump has a pretty unorthodox style.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/t...dministration/

At some point I guess one would have to ask the question. Is it me or everyone else in the room?

What do you think would happen if you owned an NFL team and replaced your head coach every year?

Site Supporter
    Trump's job is not to be a manager.
    As head of the Executive branch, that's exactly what his job is.

At some point I guess one would have to ask the question. Is it me or everyone else in the room?
    I think Raylan Givens said it best.

Trump's job is not to be a manager. He hires people to manage, based on the best information he has at the time, and expects them to perform. He also expects them to carry out his program. If they don't, they are replaced.
    If you are in charge of hiring and firing you are a manager. By definition. If you can't manage to hire people you can work with and can do the job, you are a shit manager. An occasional mistake is understandable, but this administration has been absurd.

Trump goes through people like water because his only real metric is complete personal loyalty to him, which anyone qualified to perform a cabinet job is unlikely to possess. He doesn't understand the jobs of cabinet positions well enough to understand what other qualifications are needed.

Trump's business model of letting trusted yes-men do whatever on their own initiative to give himself plausible denialbilty on sketchy deals has not served him well in office.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    If you are in charge of hiring and firing you are a manager. By definition. If you can't manage to hire people you can work with and can do the job, you are a shit manager. An occasional mistake is understandable, but this administration has been absurd.

Trump goes through people like water because his only real metric is complete personal loyalty to him, which anyone qualified to perform a cabinet job is unlikely to possess. He doesn't understand the jobs of cabinet positions well enough to understand what other qualifications are needed.

Trump's business model of letting trusted yes-men do whatever on their own initiative to give himself plausible denialbilty on sketchy deals has not served him well in office.
    Fake news.

User Tag List