Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter's emails

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Considering this is in line with previous Russian dumps and Trump was trying to blackmail Ukraine to get first on Biden...meh.

Meanwhile Trump's wants to fire Fauci and we're above 220,000 dead now.
    What's the Russian dump? The reports that Trump called the soldiers losers? Or the FISA application? Or the Steele dossier? Or the golden shower?

John Ratcliffe, DNC: " Hunter Biden's laptop is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign"
    Stay focused, my friend. Analyze, don't consume

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    We now have evidence that the guy who may be the next president is literally on the payroll of hostile countries, with no alternative credible explanation for that information.
    I haven't been following this closely. From what I've read, the Biden campaign has stated that Joe may have met with people from the firm paying Hunter, in a meeting that Hunter arranged.

Is there evidence that Joe accepted direct payments?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I haven't been following this closely. From what I've read, the Biden campaign has stated that Joe may have met with people from the firm paying Hunter, in a meeting that Hunter arranged.

Is there evidence that Joe accepted direct payments?
    Some of the emails between Hunter and other relatives indicate that Joe Biden was taking as much as 50% of whatever Hunter brought in. That would mean, for example, $5 million of the $10 million that Hunter charged a group of Chinese for introductions.

Other emails indicated 10% for the "Big Guy" as part of one deal, with other indications that Joe Biden is the "Big Guy."

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    The original source is Steve Bannon, who is currently charged with defrauding Trump supporters out of donations to build the Mexico wall?

I agree the media is laying down for Biden on this but when the guy pushing the story has been ripping off your own people, that deserves some skepticism too.
    I'm not keeping score but it seems to me more of Trumps associates have gone to jail than anyone from the Obama adm. There were a few in Obamas adm that probably should have gone to jail but the swamp gave them cover. Without the swamp (the one Trump was going to drain) it was like shooting fish in a barrel and there were a lot of fish. MSM is part of the swamp. A twitter account isn't going to take the place of having CNN, WaPo and the NYT singing your praises everyday. I don't have a twitter acct so I have no clue what Trump is raving about today. I do have a WaPo sub though and I read it most days. They took Nixon down so newspaper reporting matters. If it didn't why would Trump give Bob Woodward 18 interviews?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Some of the emails between Hunter and other relatives indicate that Joe Biden was taking as much as 50% of whatever Hunter brought in. That would mean, for example, $5 million of the $10 million that Hunter charged a group of Chinese for introductions.

Other emails indicated 10% for the "Big Guy" as part of one deal, with other indications that Joe Biden is the "Big Guy."
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters." DT.
    It appears that Uncle Joe could do the same thing, he just isn't bragging about.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

They will probably spin that as taking money from Hunter to set it aside for the grand-children's future and trying to limit how much Hunter had to spend on hookers and blow.

Name:  relax.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  33.7 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Joe should be well aware that the president and VP get mandatory IRS audits. If he was taking that kind of money he's brazen, stupid, or has world-class money handlers. If the latter, then he's not stupid.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    On the other hand, the exact quote got turned into a bitchin’ art song for soprano and piano, by a bay area composer. Feast your ears on this, P-F:

As a big fan of lots of extremely surreal stuff, this really works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Because someone is going to ask, think in terms of the hunt for Osama bin Laden before we got him.
    • Known known: very tall, needs kidney dialysis, from a weathly family, often seen in a BDU field jacket carrying a Krinkov, etc.
    • Known unknown: current location.
    • Unknown known: we have information on one of his preferred couriers in our files.
    • Unknown unknown: the Pakistani military has concealed him and superbly executed a deception plan for years.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah.

But I remember that quote from when Rumsfeld made it, like some of ya'll have said. I am not trying to sound like an arrogant dick, but I've always understood it exactly like @okie_john put his example.
    The thing that always got me about it was that when he said it, in (apparently) February of 2002, my then-24-year-old self still studying journalism and political science at university immediately got exactly what he was saying and thought it applied to everything. I could make up any number of examples off the top of my head.

Known known: I know my car is supposed to start when I turn the key, and it's not starting.
    Known unknown: the battery has to be charged up to start the car, and I don't know if it's charged.
    Unknown unknown: it also won't start if you threw a rod, which you did, but you don't know enough about motors to know what throwing a rod is or why it's a problem. Anything you do to the battery won't help at all, because although you know enough to know that's a potential issue, you don't know enough to know there's another, bigger problem.

Known known: I know I'm hungry and I'll feel better if I eat.
    Known unknown: I can't eat if there's no food in the fridge but I don't know whether there is or there isn't.
    Unknown unknown: The fridge thermostat is broken and overnight the temperature got up to +10c, and even though the food feels fine now it's crawling with e-coli bacteria and if I eat it I'll get really sick. Had no idea the fridge had issues at all, would never have thought of this as a possible outcome.

Everything in the world is like this. There's stuff you know you know, stuff you know you don't know, and questions you don't even know enough to be asking. Why was the statement mocked? Because it was made by someone the media didn't like. They didn't attempt to grasp it, they sought only to invalidate it. I loathe that reaction. In fact, this is a very intelligent way to think about problems of any sort. Whenever I troubleshoot anything, I take the known knowns and apply them to the known unknowns to see if I can eliminate the known unknowns. If that doesn't lead me to a solution, I know there is an unknown unknown and I have to start combing through the knowns to see if I can figure out what it is, or else I have to step outside my existing intel and gather more before I proceed.

I just got this old outboard running that's been sitting in a garage for 20-25 years. It wouldn't run. I knew it needed air and spark and fuel. I didn't know if it had all three. I checked the spark; spark is there. I covered the carburetor throttle body with my hand and turned the engine over: vaccuum. It's got air. Does it have fuel? I dripped some in manually and it briefly ran. A carb rebuild should fix it...but after rebuilding the carb it didn't run. Unknown unknown: in the gas tank, there was fine particulate debris which clogged the low speed jet immediately after the rebuild. I didn't even think of the possibility, but I sifted through the knowns again, comparing them to the current state. Carb back off, compressed air through the jets and passages, carb back on. Runs fine now. Known knowns, known unknowns, unknown unknowns. It's essential to the troubleshooting process.

Pitiful that so many people saw it as a mere target for mockery. What a failure to grasp a basic analytical process.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    My recollection of this ne was the ownership interest of the China investment company... 20% for Hunter and 10% more to Hunter for the Big Guy.... Total 30% ownership stake.

https://reactgear.com/fox-news-sourc...-is-joe-biden/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not keeping score but it seems to me more of Trumps associates have gone to jail than anyone from the Obama adm.
    When your AG is Holder/Lynch and your FBI chief is Comey, is that a surprise?

Obama adm was shameless in their corruption.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List