Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Flight Tracking App?

Favorite Flight Tracking App?

Any recommendations to help me track a/c movement in my area? looking to use on an Iphone and Ipad, and hopefully, Free.

Thanks

Flightaware.com. A friend whose son is a pilot has been tracking flights for years.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Another vote for Flightaware - all in all the best all around site. I also use Flightradar24, it doesn’t seem to always work as good as Flightaware but I like the graphics better as the airplane symbols are representative of the actual airplane (you can tell a plane is an A340 just by looking at the symbol), it’s not important but when you are an airplane nerd like me, it’s nice.

Back when I used to travel, I relied extensively on Flightaware. It's clunky but effective, and usually more right than wrong.

Site Supporter
    I have Flight Radar 24 on my phone. What people think when they see a cop staring up at the sky and then consulting his phone would be interesting to know.

I am a total aviation nerd, and at times when a big plane flies over my house I run outside to see what it is.

There's also ADS-B Exchange, which shows military flights that (last I checked) Flightradar and Flightaware don't show.

I use both Flight Aware and Flight Radar 24.

And yes, ADS-B Exchange will show some military flights, as well as private f;Ishtar that are blocked on other apps.

Site Supporter
    I like ADS-B Exchange, been using it for a while. There are nearly always interesting .mil aircraft showing:

Like a U2 trolling the Mex border

Name:  20200625_U2_80_1094.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  45.0 KB

Or a cell of Minot BUFFS

Name:  20200625_Cell.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  47.3 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am a total aviation nerd, and at times when a big plane flies over my house I run outside to see what it is.
    Glad to see it's not just me!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Glad to see it's not just me!
    What is even more sad is how much of an Embraer fan I am. There is just something cool about those planes to me.

User Tag List