Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Upside of Corona for Criminals

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

The Upside of Corona for Criminals

Nobody thinks twice about sumdood walking into a store wearing a ballcap and a mask:

Name:  Masked-corona-criminal.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  78.9 KB

This critter walked out with a $2,400 MacBook.

I thought about that sort of thing, two days ago. It was raining pretty hard. I walked into a store wearing a rain jacket, hood up, and a mask. In pre-pandemic times, someone would have been keeping an gimlet eye on me, if not already calling the cops (or unholstering).

But now, nobody even notices.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Nobody thinks twice about sumdood walking into a store wearing a ballcap and a mask:

Name:  Masked-corona-criminal.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  78.9 KB

This critter walked out with a $2,400 MacBook.

I thought about that sort of thing, two days ago. It was raining pretty hard. I walked into a store wearing a rain jacket, hood up, and a mask. In pre-pandemic times, someone would have been keeping an gimlet eye on me, if not already calling the cops (or unholstering).

But now, nobody even notices.
    You think it's bad now, wait till winter hits.

Site Supporter

The Upside of Corona for Criminals

Armed, I was recently allowed to bypass magnetometers and enter a secure area through an entrance guarded by half a dozen armed and armored men, just by showing photo ID while wearing a face mask. What’s wrong with that picture...

(Pun intended)

I thought the upside for criminals is they are pretty much all on "catch and release" because keeping them in jail during a covid outbreak might be considered "cruel and unusual".

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Armed, I was recently allowed to bypass magnetometers and enter a secure area through an entrance guarded by half a dozen armed and armored men, just by showing photo ID while wearing a face mask. What’s wrong with that picture...

(Pun intended)
    We should start a place that makes little facemask decals that you can apply to your photo ID's. Then everything will match.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    I dropped by a couple of gun shops on a day off earlier this week. The second, smaller one (where I found reloading supplies) has a sign out front instructing people to remove their masks before entering as “This is a GUN SHOP. We don’t know if you are health conscious or a criminal.” This, next to a sign instructing CCW carriers to keep it concealed and not to touch it while in the store.

First time I’ve seen a female gun store employee open carrying a bayonet opposite her 9mm.

The first store had no issues with customers wearing masks, though many did not. Larger store, more employees, all armed.

None of the employees in either store wore a mask.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Perhaps because I'm not a good person, I've thought about this. I could walk into a bank and rob it.

Probably shouldn't drive a truck with my company's name on the side though. Definitely a factor to consider.

It is sad to say I am surprised the theft was enough to generate a news story and a request from LE for help in identifying the thief. When it is called "loss prevention" and getting in the way of the person aiding in making the goods become "lost" is verboten, I am amazed the theft was not just chalked up to the cost of goods sold.

I’ve grown pretty accustomed to regular mask but still get a little weirded out when I see someone with a bandana on their face. Must be all the years of cops and robbers conditioning.

You should see the BOLs I get. Before covid, groups of 4-5 hoodie-clad youtes would walk in to the Apple store and remove 10-20k worth of product. Now, every Apple store in the SF Bay Area pays for one, maybe two on-duty cops to sit in front of the store. There's one guy that goes into home improvement stores and loads up a big box, like a vanity, with electrical stuff and tools. Each caper is 5-10k dollars. With a ballcap and mask, he thinks he's invincible, and he might be right.

User Tag List