Thread: TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

Site Supporter

TX: Pizza Hut gal rousts robbers with mezzaluna

COPIED FROM POST ON ANTHER FORUM:

I didn't know the word "mezzaluna" existed before I read this.

Three guys with a crowbar invade Pizza Hut to rob it. One guy goes into the kitchen and assaults a female employee who is holding a "mezzaluna-type pizza cutter" (basically a sword-size knife with a big curved belly and a handle on each end), dragging the employee and the cutter to the floor. Another female picks up the knife, the robber tries to grab it, she dodges and cocks her arm back as if to chop and ends up chasing all three robbers out of the store.

Good on her.

Police looking to charge the robbers with aggravated robbery when they find them.

I wonder if they yelled: "cheese it! before the cops get here!"

They're lucky that gal probably wasn't Sicilian.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If she was Sicilian the cops would be hard pressed to figure out which pieces went with which robber.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Site Supporter
    I worked at a Pizza Hut in my late teens. I’ve used one of those things hundreds, if not thousands, of times.

I had no idea that it was called anything besides “the big pizza cutter” or “the rocker knife” (we had two or three) as opposed to the little wheel-style cutters (we had half-a-dozen).

The big’un was always on my list if there was ever a problem. I don’t recall any issues happening while I worked there, though.

Looks like a dual snubby moment.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Student
    I am somewhat disappointed to see that the word does not refer to a three-round burst from a revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I worked at a Pizza Hut in my late teens. I’ve used one of those things hundreds, if not thousands, of times.
    Same, but I worked at a non-Pizza Hut chain as a teenager. I actually have a mezzaluna in my house, because it's a vastly superior way to cut pizza, and I make pizza from scratch on a fairly regular basis. Once you use one, you never want to go back to the little wheel things.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Dude! I did too. I got a t-shirt from the manager for Christmas one year that said “quick cut” on it, due to the alacrity with which I wielded that rocker knife. I could get a large pan out of the oven and onto the table, cut it, and have it in the box and up for server pickup in a measured 12 seconds on demand—I made 10 seconds once. Like the FAST coin of game days at the ol’ college pizza hut.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I am somewhat disappointed to see that the word does not refer to a three-round burst from a revolver.
    I'm disappointed that one of the robbers didn't leave an arm behind.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Then he'd be guaranteed to be unarmed when shot at a future robbery attempt.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List