Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glockstore Black Yikes Connector

Glockstore Black Yikes Connector

Anybody try one of these?

https://www.glockstore.com/black-ice?quantity=1&color=1

This would be for USPSA, Production, for my Gen 5 Glock 19. For $30 I am thinking it's worth a try to eliminate the wall on the press and shoot quicker. Yes? No? Waste of money?

Have you tried Ghost connectors? Something like an Edge would do that, and go for $5 less than the GStore part (not counting shipping). Or for $32, you can add in a spring kit. I've been fairly happy with my Evo Elite. Yes, you have to get past the unfortunate names.

Nope, I’ve never used any other connector other that the one which came with the G19, which I think is a dot.

At one time, I experimented with some aftermarket Glock connectors. The few I tried (Ghost) were decent for a bit but eventually failed. So I went back to Glock factory parts. The only thing I do now is lightly polish factory parts to insure there are no burrs or rough surfaces.

The other thing you can try is the factory "-" connector if the pistol has a "dot" connector now.

I've tried several of the aftermarket connectors, but not this one. My favorite aftermarket was a TTI connector, but I didn't like anything more than the Glock '-' connector.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    At one time, I experimented with some aftermarket Glock connectors. The few I tried (Ghost) were decent for a bit but eventually failed. So I went back to Glock factory parts. The only thing I do now is lightly polish factory parts to insure there are no burrs or rough surfaces.

The other thing you can try is the factory "-" connector if the pistol has a "dot" connector now.
    Thanks. Part in bold has probably kept me out of a lot of trouble, and might this time as well.

I'm kinda thinking at this point I'm chasing a software problem with a hardware solution.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks. Part in bold has probably kept me out of a lot of trouble, and might this time as well.

I'm kinda thinking at this point I'm chasing a software problem with a hardware solution.
    Yes.

This may be useful - Refinement and Repetition: Dry-fire Drills for Dramatic Improvement by Steve Anderson

https://www.amazon.com/Refinement-Re.../dp/1930847769

I competed with this trigger - I was a beta user of it.

If you want a 3# connector - which means not much of a discernable wall and more of a light rolling break - then this is a good connector. If you're a prep and press guy - you won't much care for this set up. The armorlube coating or whatever it's called seems to do a better job than NP3.

Anybody try one of these?

https://www.glockstore.com/black-ice?quantity=1&color=1

This would be for USPSA, Production, for my Gen 5 Glock 19. For $30 I am thinking it's worth a try to eliminate the wall on the press and shoot quicker. Yes? No? Waste of money?
    Well what the hell, life is short. I went ahead and ordered one; for $30, it's worth giving it a shot for my USPSA G19.5.

This past Sunday I shot with a group including two GMs, an A, and a B shooter, and they were all getting doubles very rapidly. I can get A/A or A/C, but the RO was timing me with a freaking Sundial by comparison with those guys. I swear I think he went out for a sandwich on one of my stages. So no prep and press for me.

Well what the hell, life is short. I went ahead and ordered one; for $30, it's worth giving it a shot for my USPSA G19.5.

This past Sunday I shot with a group including two GMs, an A, and a B shooter, and they were all getting doubles very rapidly. I can get A/A or A/C, but the RO was timing me with a freaking Sundial by comparison with those guys. I swear I think he went out for a sandwich on one of my stages. So no prep and press for me.
    In my view the connector of a Glock doesn't have a huge amount to do with your ability to split fast. It mostly takes learning to keep your strong hand relaxed enough to move the trigger finger quickly. Other than consciously knowing how hard to grip, getting this right in live fire comes with getting rounds downrange. This time last year I was in C class, and I couldn't get my trigger finger to split faster than 0.22-0.24 no matter what I did, even if it was just trying to rip rounds into a berm. Without putting any specific training into trying to split faster, I'm now splitting a more standard 0.16-0.18s on close targets, which I credit to learning what grip pressures I need (both firing hand and support hand) and reinforcing that in live fire. Not that this matters much at most matches but on something like a Bill Drill it's good for ~0.3s saved.

For prep and press kind of shooting I don't think that makes that much sense in USPSA either, and I don't think it is that useful of a technique for shooting a Glock. In my view prepping mostly matters when you have a trigger with a lot of heavy takeup, which makes it harder to pull through the whole travel of the trigger without moving the gun. By prepping and then pressing you get to get through the pretravel(and resultant gun movement), then refine your sight picture before breaking a shot. As a practical matter, if you're splitting semi quickly, you don't really have any time to refine your sight picture between the prep and press, which makes the end result effectively the same as trying to pull through the trigger with 1 continuous motion. For the Glock I think it's even less useful simply because the takeup is relatively light compared to the wall and the wall has such a rolling break, I personally see the gun move much more at the break than while pulling through pretravel. In other words by prepping you negate the part of the trigger pull that wasn't that hard to begin with and are still left with the part that you need to really get right to shoot the Glock straight.

User Tag List