Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: iPhone, iPad, iOS, Apple Watch thread

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    USB-C is pretty cool. I am an *Enormous* fan of the magsafe (pogo pin) connector that has been the power connection on macbooks for more than a decade now, but C is good enough and the universality is worth the compromise.
    If they had gone USB-C rather than kept lightning my 11 pro would be a 12 pro before the quarter was out.

Maybe when the 13s drop...

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Depends what features she wants. I got my daughter a 3 and its a good watch. Wifes a RN and she wanted the one that monitors heart. Newer ones have all kinds of stuff you can even have one and no phone. Waterproof etc etc
    I’ve read a couple articles that unless the newest health measurement tools are an absolute must have, buying a gen or 2 back on the watches is a much better value. Pretty incremental improvements other wise
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The wife wants a new Apple Watch. Should I shop for a 5,6 or SE?
    I have a Series 4. The only significant upgrade in the two generations following it are a display that stays on all the time.
    I get tired of looking at my watch, but, having not made the correct gesture with my forearm, having a blank screen look back at me. So I’d look at the price delta between a series 5 and 6, and decide from there.

Going all in with the iPhone 12 drop. Ordering bright and early tomorrow.

Love my 5. The big diff with the 6 is blood ox, which seems like kind of a no brainer these days, and a better HR sensor, which will be worth it for exercise.

The killer is always on, and I’ve had earlier versions of the watch that didn’t have it. I would no way get an SE.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Love my 5. The big diff with the 6 is blood ox, which seems like kind of a no brainer these days, and a better HR sensor, which will be worth it for exercise.

The killer is always on, and I’ve had earlier versions of the watch that didn’t have it. I would no way get an SE.
    The health stuff on the “real” watch are irrelevant to me personally, but the always-on will likely make me spring for the real one over the toy one.

The funny thing is, when I build-n-price the toy watch the aluminum is fine because it’s the only option. Step up to the big boy watch and somehow I just have to have the Ti...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Cameras in the iPhone 11 models are amazing. I still prefer the ergonomics of a “real” camera, when photographing active subjects, and one still needs to use a “real” camera in order to use a telephoto lens, but when things are peaceful, and one can hold the newer iPhones “just right,” iPhones do amazing photographic things.

I am trying to use the latest iPad Pro as a total computer replacement. Thus far, this plan is mostly working. I almost never need to fire-up my 2012 MacBook Pro, although our e-mail provider keeps sending us notices about some change that will take place next week, affecting mobile apps, that might change the way I am thinking. When I have a choice of using a company’s/entity’s app, or their actual website, on an iPad Pro, the website is usually the more-satisfying experience. You-Tube is an example of this, as their app is stupid-dumb.

Some few entities, however, will “detect” the iPad Pro as a mobile device, and automatically trigger the app, or present a modified mobile site, rather than the site one sees on an actual computer. If their app/mobile site is dumber than their Normal internet site, there may be times I have to use a laptop to do some things.

Disclaimer #1: I am certainly no tech expert, and there are things that I don’t know that I don’t know.

Disclaimer #2: I never learned to like Microsoft Windows. I was using computers, while working for Houston PD, in Texas, from 1984, but the computer system was largely proprietary, and largely kept that way, to deter external threats, for quite a while. Gradually, Windows Professional was finally worked into the PD’s computers. I think that the earliest version of Windows I used in a personal computer was Windows 98-ish. Windows has hated me, and I have hated Windows, in return.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Ordered my 2 12s this AM, the site was a disaster until that first wave was sold out.

Site Supporter
    My daughter got a 5 because of the size of the thing, she says the newer one was too big on her thin arms.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I have a Series 4. The only significant upgrade in the two generations following it are a display that stays on all the time.
    I get tired of looking at my watch, but, having not made the correct gesture with my forearm, having a blank screen look back at me. So I’d look at the price delta between a series 5 and 6, and decide from there.
    Like Gyro also rocking an AW4 (my 1st) for 2+ yrs. & been trailing the AW6 but returning it next week. Nothing wrong w/ it, kinda like the AOD feature but not enough @ MSRP so back to my 4 soon.

User Tag List