Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: AIWB HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS

Site Supporter

AIWB HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS

Thanks to @jtcarm I now have a holster for my 3” kimber that I’m satisfied with, from Lobo leather.

Wearing it whenever I go on a desert hike, which is about 3 days a week. The jcp (pillow) wasn’t mandatory but adds a little extra bit of comfort for me. It’s still not at the “can’t tell it’s there” comfort of the jm custom kydex aiwb2.5 for my 365xl, but I think that might be the weight of the pistol as much as anything. Conceal-ability is great

I like the belt clip better than expected, seems secure but really easy to take on and off.

Site Supporter
    The only leather one I have liked is the TT gun leather. I had it make for my old colt cobras (alloy with the 2 inch barrel). A few things I have noticed. I don't need a wedge or pillow for them to be comfortable, for the gun to stay in place, or for the gun not to want to roll out like a lot of other small barrel IWB holsters. The only downside is the belt loop. Though it works well, it does stick out a bit and makes it harder to wear with a t-shirt. Larger belt buckles help with that. I also have a JM kydex for my 3 inch GP-100, but I have the wing and a wedge for that one. It is extremely comfortable and works well, making it easy to hide the large gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrrnation! View Post
    Attachment 92558Attachment 92557

I have had a good experience with appendix carrying a Smith and Wesson 2.6 inch 627 (N frame) in an Archangel Appendix Carry AIWB Holster. It is made of Kydex. It was $115 with shipping.

It keeps the gun secure, yet fast on the draw.
    The rear portion of the holster (the part against my abdomen) is long enough (tall enough) to keep sweat off my gun. I do get sweat on the grips, but that is ok. Also, I am using largish Hogue grips on there and smaller grips may not get as sweaty. I have learned-if you appendix carry in the Summer-you and the holster and gun are gonna get sweaty. (I always wear a tucked t-shirt between the holstered gun and my body, then an untucked shirt over that).
    It keeps the gun tight/flat against my abdomen and I can easily conceal with an untucked shirt.
    It is a clip attachment that you fit over your belt to hold it in your pants, instead of snap belt loops, etc. I like clip holsters for ease of on and off.
    One criticism: I paid a little extra to have a piece of foam doodad place on the lower inside (the side of the holster that is against the body) end of the holster and it started to come off within a week’s use. I resolved this by using some super glue and squeezing the foam pad to the holster overnight with a clamp. Has been fine since. The Foam piece is supposed to keep the grip of the gun closer to the body for better concealment and I believe it does help.

Other than that, I seems well made. I have used it daily for 3 months now (not that long, I know) but nothing has broken or failed on it with daily use.
    Oh! I am not affiliated with the holster maker at all. Just passing may experience, cost, yadda yadda.
    I have also had good luck with the Lobo Gunleather offset metal clip holster for a Ruger SP101 just like one in JTCarm’s prior post. Works good.

Tar
    I was very tempted to try this holster for a S&W Mountain gun. Thanks for the info!

Archangel holster maker

You bet! I Realised I forgot to mention the Archangel holster is made by Dalefricke holsters.

Name:  1035F3AA-5DB8-4835-8849-57D4ADF84D6A.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  63.1 KB

I really like the JMCK AIWB for my GP-100. I got it made for a 4 inch gun, but it works great with my 3 inch GP-100.

So I’m going to get an AIWB holster for my 3”S&W 64 after I pick it up.

Should I get one for a 3” or4”?

Wasn’t sure if the extra length is as good of an idea/necessary with a revolver as an autoloader, since it
    doesn’t have the weight of a 15+ round mag of ammo on the top side of the belt line.

I have a 3 inch and a 4 inch GP100 so I went with the 4 inch. It works fine with both.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    So I’m going to get an AIWB holster for my 3”S&W 64 after I pick it up.

Should I get one for a 3” or4”?

Wasn’t sure if the extra length is as good of an idea/necessary with a revolver as an autoloader, since it
    doesn’t have the weight of a 15+ round mag of ammo on the top side of the belt line.
    IMO, no. The extra length doesn't seem to do much of anything other than be an annoyance. Tony sells neoprene wedges sized for shorter holsters.

IIRC, @03RN sawed off the bottom inch of his holster when he went to a shorter barrel.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Double post. Deleted.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IMO, no. The extra length doesn't seem to do much of anything other than be an annoyance. Tony sells neoprene wedges sized for shorter holsters.

IIRC, @03RN sawed off the bottom inch of his holster when he went to a shorter barrel.
    Yup. In terms of comfort the 3" is better and I don't think a 4" conceals noticably better.

I will say that I kinda want to order another 4" one for when I want to carry a 4" gun.

User Tag List