Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: AIWB HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS

I went with sideguard for all my revolvers. I tell him where I want the top of the cylinder to ride in relation to my belt line and he custom makes it custom fit

Charter bulldog 2.5 -- j-frame -- 4" model 19 kframe

2.5" model 19 kframe

Erich makes awesome long lasting rigid holsters

Site Supporter
    Well, I purchased an ANR kydex holster I found for my Kimber K6S 3" revolver, and am less than thrilled. It only came with a tuckable strut. The strut feels pretty flimsy, and the setup leaves the revolver up high with more of it above my pants than I prefer. Plus they didn't give any options on belt width. It only comes with a PTD 1 3/4" loop, and I use only 1 1/2" belts.

I guess I will go digging through my (embarrassingly large and growing) box of holsters and see if I can cobble something together. The holster body itself fits the revolver just fine, although it feels more flimsy than what I'm used to. I've also got an email out to Lobo Leather thanks to the posts above.

Site Supporter

Best AIWB (for a J Frame)

For a J Frame

My favorite is the GALCO leather IWB Stow and Go
    $35 on Midway
    http://https://ads.midwayusa.com/pro...MaAn70EALw_wcB

Absolutely the most comfortable and can be worn straight drop IWB or AIWB which is how I carry my J Frames

See other posts for full size revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    I went with sideguard for all my revolvers. I tell him where I want the top of the cylinder to ride in relation to my belt line and he custom makes it custom fit

Charter bulldog 2.5 -- j-frame -- 4" model 19 kframe

2.5" model 19 kframe

Erich makes awesome long lasting rigid holsters
    What are his current lead times. I’ve ordered in the past and sometimes they were different than listed. I love the the minimal clip I have for my j frame.

Since diving (back) into the revolver world, I have started getting more AIWB holsters as well.

I started off with a Phlster city special several years ago now for a J frame. Then I bought a Taurus 856, and couldn’t find a AIWB holster, so I made one. And finally my latest purchase was a JM Custom AIWB for a 4” Smith & Wesson K frame. Unfortunately I haven’t got to use it very much because the Smith needed some work. It does work for my very first handgun that I purchased back in the 90’s, and Smith & Wesson 586 so that was a cool bonus.

Name:  E0CE3E7D-3CCB-4F35-8038-EF17E0826CBA.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  95EEF9A9-7B01-49E1-8FD1-9E0235CA90D3.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  277877359_269846448692429_3390193598994228622_n.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  81.0 KB

I have been extremely happy with my Dark Star Gear holster for both my 640 PRO and 638.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Lobo Leather offset belt clip.

Did you get this with a lining or without?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    What are his current lead times. I’ve ordered in the past and sometimes they were different than listed. I love the the minimal clip I have for my j frame.
    I have never waited more than six weeks for one. You would have to contact him to find out current times.

A decent looking option for a lot of the current small revolvers (k6s, lcr, sp101, king cobra, 605, j's, bodyguard new style)

https://tulster.com/inside-the-waistband/rath-series/

and one i've been looking at for the longer k6s variants

https://t5customkydex.com/kimber-k6-...mi-custom-iwb/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Name:  5C0C7552-CB8B-4BDA-825D-BFB91835975F.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  68.4 KBName:  B0180645-21E3-4D7E-AC94-945F8800EAF7.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  89.7 KB

I have had a good experience with appendix carrying a Smith and Wesson 2.6 inch 627 (N frame) in an Archangel Appendix Carry AIWB Holster. It is made of Kydex. It was $115 with shipping.

It keeps the gun secure, yet fast on the draw.
    The rear portion of the holster (the part against my abdomen) is long enough (tall enough) to keep sweat off my gun. I do get sweat on the grips, but that is ok. Also, I am using largish Hogue grips on there and smaller grips may not get as sweaty. I have learned-if you appendix carry in the Summer-you and the holster and gun are gonna get sweaty. (I always wear a tucked t-shirt between the holstered gun and my body, then an untucked shirt over that).
    It keeps the gun tight/flat against my abdomen and I can easily conceal with an untucked shirt.
    It is a clip attachment that you fit over your belt to hold it in your pants, instead of snap belt loops, etc. I like clip holsters for ease of on and off.
    One criticism: I paid a little extra to have a piece of foam doodad place on the lower inside (the side of the holster that is against the body) end of the holster and it started to come off within a week’s use. I resolved this by using some super glue and squeezing the foam pad to the holster overnight with a clamp. Has been fine since. The Foam piece is supposed to keep the grip of the gun closer to the body for better concealment and I believe it does help.

Other than that, I seems well made. I have used it daily for 3 months now (not that long, I know) but nothing has broken or failed on it with daily use.
    Oh! I am not affiliated with the holster maker at all. Just passing may experience, cost, yadda yadda.
    I have also had good luck with the Lobo Gunleather offset metal clip holster for a Ruger SP101 just like one in JTCarm’s prior post. Works good.

Tar
    Last edited by Tarrrnation!; 08-06-2022 at 10:30 PM.

User Tag List