Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS

AIWB HOLSTERS FOR REVOLVERS

So I have the pocket and ankle figured out. My sticking point is AIWB for revolvers No really good reviews out there that I can find.
    Really not that many AIWB specific holster for revolvers. Im not talking about run to the grocery holsters. Im talking about all day holsters.
    For me personally on autos Ive learned I need the wing and awl pad. Not sure how this is going to play out with the J but with the one holster I do have I think Im going to need the same.
    I thought maybe there are a few people here who carry the wheelies and you perhaps could share what has or has not worked for you or holsters you are aware of.
    Of course something that stays in place and provides all day wearability.
    Maybe home made mods that made a holster work for you that previously wouldn't have.
    Ive got a zulubravokydex.com holster ordered. A few others bookmarked. Ive got a feeling this is going to be an expensive search.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

There’s a number of good options. For larger wheelies, it’s hard to beat JM custom kydex (JMCK). I’ve got a “George” (after the illustrious P-F’er) for a 4” K-frame that is excellent. For J frames, Dark Star Gear’s Apollo gets the nod. I’ve also had good luck with Legacy Arms (Also Apollo) minimalist with an LCR. JMCK and DSG are members here. Dale Fricke has fans as well—I’ve got a ton of his little kydex trigger guards to lug guns around in range bags an chest rigs.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/GEORGE.html

https://darkstargear.com/product/jframe/?v=757e5b5109ed

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/apollo-minimalist-iwb/

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ppendix-carry/

I’ve put in some long days with kydex AIWB and wheelies with perfect comfort, but due to regular NPE gigging, I’m not the guy to ask about long-term chronic carry with these rigs. Good luck in your search, I’m sure other good options will be forthcoming.

I’ve got AIWB holsters for my 3” K’s from JMCK and Custom Carry Concepts. JMCK wins hands down.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I have a JMCK AIWB holster with a neoprene wedge for a 3" K. It also works OK for a 4" gun.

I also have a Kramer clip holster that works well. I prefer the JMCK when it's warm out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I have a JMCK for 3" L Frame (686+) that worked great while I still owned the revolver.

Also, in leather, I found the Triple K #314 worked well for me.

Also have Dark Star Gear and Harry's Holster for my S&W 642-1 J frame.
    Last edited by blues; 10-14-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have a DSG Kydex metal-clip holster for my LCR. I don't wear it AIWB but usually it clips to my gym shorts. I'd defer to @orionz06 as to whether it's an "AIWB" holster or not, but I really like it.

I modded a Tagua-branded BladeTech Nano (clone or OEM?) with better quality PTD snap loops and a size able foam wedge. It works as a very comfortable option for a 3” Model 60 (couldn’t find any other options for the non-PC full lug model). It gets worn on hikes, fishing trips, hunts, and other sweaty outdoor activities where I see more benefit in carrying a stainless .357 mag than having 18 rounds of 9mm available.

After a lot of experimentation, I have found that round butt stocks (specifically, the old UM Spegel clones) really don’t “need” a wing/claw under a more fitted shirt. The weight isn’t in the grip area and the profile is very rounded, so the gun doesn’t flop about and clothing doesn’t really snag onto it.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

JMCK for my GP100’s

DSG for my snubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I think its been about 2 years of wearing a jmcustom aiwb. Originally bought for a 4" m19 I cut an inch off of it when I got my 2.75" m66.

Most comfortable edc rig I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    There’s a number of good options. For larger wheelies, it’s hard to beat JM custom kydex (JMCK). I’ve got a “George” (after the illustrious P-F’er)...
    Who?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List